2024 World Juniors Summer Showcase - July 28 - August 3 - USA Hockey Arena, Plymouth, MI

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
8-6 final, Hemming scores at the buzzer on a fluke bounce up and over the Ravensbergen's shoulder.

Goal judge got a workout in today pressing the red light button.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Canada had lots to feel good about for most of this game but took a lot of penalties in the 3rd and watched Finland score 4 goals to make it 8-6.
Both Sotheran and Dickinson tossed with unsportsman like penalties and 10 minute misconducts.

Junior hockey in the summer... but the coaches won't be happy with the way they closed this one.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
That Canada-Sweden game was awful hockey, but at the same time, quite entertaining. It is really tough subjecting these kids to Summer hockey when they are in the midst off-season training routines and enjoying some vacation time.

I really don't know how scouts would evaluate these games besides getting a general feel for the players. The game could have easily been 12-10 rather than 8-6.

My observations will just focus on the 2024 draft guys.

That being said, I thought Sennecke was one the standout. The puck just follows him all over the ice and he just has that sense.

Iginla - outside of some flashes in the 1st period, I thought he was eerily invisible.

Dickinson- beautiful skater, just effortless. He picked up a couple secondary assists and had a nice goal. But on the on the whole, the Canadian D really struggled at times. Dickinson had a really bad turnover in front of his net that should of resulted in a goal, but I thought he was the best of the Canadian D. But if he is making this team, it will be more in a shutdown role.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
That Canada-Sweden game was awful hockey, but at the same time, quite entertaining. It is really tough subjecting these kids to Summer hockey when they are in the midst off-season training routines and enjoying some vacation time.

I really don't know how scouts would evaluate these games besides getting a general feel for the players. The game have easily been 12-10 rather than 8-6.

That being said, I thought Sennecke was one the standout. The puck just follows him all over the ice and he just has that sense.

Iginla - outside of some flashes in the 1st period, I thought he was eerily invisible.

Dickinson- beautiful skater, just effortless. He picked up a couple secondary assists and had a nice goal. But on the on the whole, the Canadian D really struggled at times. Dickinson had a really bad turnover in front of his net that should of resulted in a goal, but I thought he was the best of the Canadian D.

Scouts aren't the focus of these games even if they're present. This is for the teams to put guys in different roles, especially from the ones they might normally fill for their regular teams, so they can evaluate their options for the WJC.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
Scouts aren't the focus of these games even if they're present. This is for the teams to put guys in different roles, especially from the ones they might normally fill for their regular teams, so they can evaluate their options for the WJC.
I misspoke. I meant scouts as in the Team Canada brass in this particular context.

For those that couldn't watch Chris Peters has a good review of the game: https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/1...wcase-scouting-reports-from-canada-vs-finland

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
8-6 final after being up 8-2?

200.webp

• Haha

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Let’s just say
Canada had lots to feel good about for most of this game but took a lot of penalties in the 3rd and watched Finland score 4 goals to make it 8-6.
Both Sotheran and Dickinson tossed with unsportsman like penalties and 10 minute misconducts.

Junior hockey in the summer... but the coaches won't be happy with the way they closed this one.
Let’s just say, I don’t think we’ll be seeing Ravensbergen start too many games for Canada going forward. They keep Bjarnason in and that game likely ends 8-3 or 8-4.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

I really don't know how scouts would evaluate these games besides getting a general feel for the players. The game could have easily been 12-10 rather than 8-6.

Dickinson- beautiful skater, just effortless. He picked up a couple secondary assists and had a nice goal. But on the on the whole, the Canadian D really struggled at times. Dickinson had a really bad turnover in front of his net that should of resulted in a goal, but I thought he was the best of the Canadian D. But if he is making this team, it will be more in a shutdown role.

Confused. Are you talking about Canada-Sweden or Canada-Finland?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not that we can read too much into it .. maybe they like them maybe they want to see more to decide
So from team White on D we have Dickinson and Gibson
from team Red Chadwick , Yakemchuk, Mynio and Parekh
We know Molendyk and Bonk returnees will very very likely have spots

Who's left
Price Morin Burns Sotheran MacKinnon

I really like the line they have listed 4th .. there.. Again not sure if this is how they see it.

Last edited:

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
I saw every sweden game and the issue is clearly coaching. Im no tactic god but theres more than just defending. A serious hockey federation with gold dreams would sack everyone in the staff team asap

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I saw every sweden game and the issue is clearly coaching. Im no tactic god but theres more than just defending. A serious hockey federation with gold dreams would sack everyone in the staff team asap
I mean, there's another glaring issue with the selected team, not exactly an offensively talented roster.

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
I mean, there's another glaring issue with the selected team, not exactly an offensively talented roster.
We have had problems this whole year and year before it too. Both with 03, 04 and 05 age groups, all coached by the same HC. Im sure we are net negative in both wins and goals.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Three straight multi-chance shifts for the Plante - Svoboda - Pelosi line, all 3 are absolute puckhounds and then their next shift leads to the icebreaker, Svoboda from Plante on a nice shot. US generating a lot of chances and shots, but Canada has also had a few nice plays that just failed to convert and you can see that both these offenses can be very potent.

Reactions: Lindgren

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Spellacy from Hendrickson and Hutson, nice play by the US to go up 2-0. Spellacy had a goal taken off the board via review 29 seconds in, he's obviously dialed in with that shot right now.

Semi-notable: Team USA put the puck in the net 5 times in the first period.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Catton from Heidt on the PP, but it was Minnetian that put it home trying to poke check. 2-1 now, Cristall was previously denied on a great chance on that same PP.

Musty from Hagens on the give and go answers quickly. 3-1 now.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Last edited:

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Luchanko with the tap in from Catton on the PP. Bjarnason has really shut things down for Canada after chances galore for the US. Emotions are high and refs trying to keep it under control, tons of physicality to end the period.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,050.00