2024 World Juniors Summer Showcase - July 28 - August 3 - USA Hockey Arena, Plymouth, MI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Hopefully injury-related, would really suck if he's just removed from USA consideration due to something at the U18s or whatever. He didn't come out for the medal ceremony at the U18s, speculation was that maybe he was really upset about the major penalty that lead to those goals against, but who knows what happened behind the scenes (other than nothing that seemed to have an impact on him going 1st round).

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
I wonder how likely it is that McKenna is at the U-18 camp because hockey Canada just wants to sell tickets. He certainly earned to be at the U-20s in the spring.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Hopefully injury-related, would really suck if he's just removed from USA consideration due to something at the U18s or whatever. He didn't come out for the medal ceremony at the U18s, speculation was that maybe he was really upset about the major penalty that lead to those goals against, but who knows what happened behind the scenes (other than nothing that seemed to have an impact on him going 1st round).
Agree completely. Rooting for him to recreate his image and Boxing Day would be a great place to start.

I forgot to post this at the time but I was pretty pissy about it the night of the draft. The announcers referenced his time at the U18s and talked about how well he played but failed to mention the penalty at all. They alluded to his previous “character concerns” but didn’t even mention the mind-numbingly stupid penalty. That seemed wrong.

Reactions: wetcoast

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
How much do we think this roster will match the ultimate one in the winter? Is it safe to say anyone not on this Showcase Roster will not be selected for the main team barring something unexpected (NHL Returnees, someone going absolutely bonkers to start the year?)
That’s a lot of guys, 24F, 13D, 4G, so most of the team is probably in this list. They are usually open to additions but a lot of good players get disappointed l.

Reactions: wetcoast

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Whilst waiting for Summer Showcase the Vierumäki Tournament is ongoing.

Czechia and Switzerland played already two games

on wednesday Switzerland - Czechia 4-2
and on Friday Czechia - Switzerland 5-3

Today just finished Finland vs Czechia Finns won 4-1
and Finland "B" Challenger team will take on Switzerland in 1½~ hours

tomorrow on monday Finland vs Switzerland
and Finland "B" challenger team vs Czechia

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Whilst waiting for Summer Showcase the Vierumäki Tournament is ongoing.

Czechia and Switzerland played already two games

on wednesday Switzerland - Czechia 4-2
and on Friday Czechia - Switzerland 5-3

Today just finished Finland vs Czechia Finns won 4-1
and Finland "B" Challenger team will take on Switzerland in 1½~ hours

tomorrow on monday Finland vs Switzerland
and Finland "B" challenger team vs Czechia
Any idea where to see rosters, game details, etc.?

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
should of atleast let mckenna play in this tournament not saying u got to pick him in december but would of been fun to see what he could do here..

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Is this going to be on tsn? I said into my remote hockey Canada and I got the Hlinka games but I didn't see any of these.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Finland and Sweden are missing most top players:

Finland: Helenius, Halttunen, Kiviharju, Rautiainen, Väisänen

Sweden: ASP, Willander, FUS, Wahlberg, Edstrom

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I wonder how likely it is that McKenna is at the U-18 camp because hockey Canada just wants to sell tickets. He certainly earned to be at the U-20s in the spring.
Why would HC be selling tickets for a tourney in the States?

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Why would HC be selling tickets for a tourney in the States?
McKenna is, by all indications, a strong candidate for Canada's U-20 team, but he was invited by Hockey Canada to the Hlinka Gretzky tournament in Edmonton instead of the U-20 Summer Showcase. I believe the poster is speculating whether Hockey Canada sent McKenna to the Hlinka to sell tickets in Edmonton instead of the Summer Showcase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad