OT: 2024 Weather Thread

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Heh, try working in a School where there is no air handling unit, no Air conditioning, and the walls are built with wood, no concrete, and you are expected to do a full 8 hours job of moving furniture and cleaning the school. You are basically working in a wooden shed at 36 degrees Celsius inside.

f*** this.

I used to work in a fiber glass manufacturing plant in Leduc. You want talk hot try working in 40 degree weather with 2500-3500 degree platinum plates dripping glass. If it was 40 outside it was close to 50 inside. We would use the eyewash station just to cool our faces off lol

Reactions: oilers'72

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
we complain now, but in 6 months we will be shoveling our walks, the roads will be frozen, the Windchill will be -40 and risk of frostbite will occur in minutes
I will take -40 over plus 40 any day to be honest. At least at -40 I can go inside and warm up or add more layers. In plus 40 I can’t get anymore cool than being naked lol

CantHaveTkachev

Everyone hates us, we don't care
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I will take -40 over plus 40 any day to be honest. At least at -40 I can go inside and warm up or add more layers. In plus 40 I can’t get anymore cool than being naked lol
No chance for me....frozen roads, risk of frozen pipes, more dangerous to be outside even for a minute in -40
I played slo-pitch last night....there's no chance anyone is leaving their house in -40 to do outdoor activities (if their car even starts)

put a fan on and you'll be fine ;)

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
No chance for me....frozen roads, risk of frozen pipes, more dangerous to be outside even for a minute in -40
I played slo-pitch last night....there's no chance anyone is leaving their house in -40 to do outdoor activities (if their car even starts)

I kid you not I put my kid to bed in front of his fan last night and it felt like said fan was blowing hot air. Fans don’t do anything after plus 30 :laugh: 3 nights in a row he has had to sleep in our room with the portable AC unit. My back can’t take much more kicking

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
I finally bit the bullet and paid for central AC this year, only for my wife to now battle me because it's now "too cold" at night with the AC on.

You might see my image on the front page of the paper if I catch her turning it off again at night. I jest, but......
There might be two of us, maybe we can get a discount on a lawyer. I think we have a case....

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
If anything it should be a felony to turn off the AC in over 25 degree weather without notifying the other party.

I woke up in a pool of sweat thinking "what the hell, did it break already?"
I hate waking up with a sweaty pillow. The other person should go sleep in the car.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Summer in Saskatchewan

1720747097232.jpeg

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Did you fart?

"Passing wind is normal, but the amount varies between individuals and depends on a number of factors including diet. Some people pass wind only a handful of times per day, others up to 40 times, while the average seems to be about 15."

A handful they say.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
"Passing wind is normal, but the amount varies between individuals and depends on a number of factors including diet. Some people pass wind only a handful of times per day, others up to 40 times, while the average seems to be about 15."

A handful they say.

1720797434347.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting

I've snowshoed, Cross country ski, walking in minus 40 and its fine. No problem and you warm up, properly dressed in minutes. Any mobility at all and you're fine.

+40C and I'd never be outside and never visit hotspots. I never get cold. Never really feel cold. Not since I was a kid anyway. youth are more subject to cold impacting them as their bodies are much smaller. Seems as we age and put on a natural insulation layer ;) the cold doesn't bug me as much.

Reactions: brentashton

CantHaveTkachev

Everyone hates us, we don't care
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I've snowshoed, Cross country ski, walking in minus 40 and its fine. No problem and you warm up, properly dressed in minutes. Any mobility at all and you're fine.

+40C and I'd never be outside and never visit hotspots. I never get cold. Never really feel cold. Not since I was a kid anyway. youth are more subject to cold impacting them as their bodies are much smaller. Seems as we age and put on a natural insulation layer ;) the cold doesn't bug me as much.
was that before or after you shoveled your walks, unplugged your car and scraped the car windows? :sarcasm:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
was that before or after you shoveled your walks, unplugged your car and scraped the car windows? :sarcasm:
I enjoy shoveling sidewalks too. Weirdo. heh. I like it except for the wet sticky snow, I call it "concrete snow" that sticks to your shovel when you try to throw the snow.

I have a garage so NEVER plug in the Suv or have to clear windows. Its great.

Reactions: ZJuice

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I enjoy shoveling sidewalks too. Weirdo. heh. I like it except for the wet sticky snow, I call it "concrete snow" that sticks to your shovel when you try to throw the snow.

I have a garage so NEVER plug in the Suv or have to clear windows. Its great.

My address is 12345 Backbreak St.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad