OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Joe Whitt sd after the Kyler Murray game that they game planed a “tall wall” and contain/lane responsibility … and it worked great

I know Lamar is tall and not short and a lot more slippery then Kyler

But I’m excited to see what he can scheme. BSJ has become a Quinton Dunbar type imo … wout the bad head

11 men together can’t lose

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think we lose to Baltimore and it won’t be close. We'll see. I’ll certainly be rooting for the opposite.
Will be interesting. The Ravens have a terrible pass defense and Marlon Humphrey was wearing a boot after the Bengals game and didn't practice yesterday. They can't stack the box to stop the run game with Jayden playing like he's playing so maybe it softens up the run D as well.

I think it'll come down to turnovers and red zone efficiency. Both teams are likely to move the ball more often than not but can one team get in the end zone while the other has to settle for field goals?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Will be interesting. The Ravens have a terrible pass defense and Marlon Humphrey was wearing a boot after the Bengals game and didn't practice yesterday. They can't stack the box to stop the run game with Jayden playing like he's playing so maybe it softens up the run D as well.

I think it'll come down to turnovers and red zone efficiency. Both teams are likely to move the ball more often than not but can one team get in the end zone while the other has to settle for field goals?

I think they’ll take away the run, and we’ll see if he can find open targets all game long. As you said, their weakness is in pass defense.

It will likely come down to him being able to Superman it a bit, not turn it over, and keep up with the points that the Ravens will likely put up.

I’ll tell you this, if they win he’s clearly leading the MVP race…

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Reactions: usiel

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Defense-first HC is fired and OC demoted, right after Rodgers meets with the owner.

Pretty clear what happened, imo. They can deny it all they want.
"I resent the implication!"
-- Aaron Rodgers, QB, while trying to scrubt the blood off his hands

Reactions: usiel

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Quick note: I hit post prematurely, so that was just the first draft of what I was writing.

If we used those 3rds as a way to secure a long term deal with Higgins, then that would be fine by me. I’m just agreeing with the sentiment that our offense is clicking, and we don’t necessarily need that kind of move right now. And not interested in rentals.

If we are focused on competing this year, then making moves on the defensive side of the ball would take priority imho. Just not sure who would be available to help move the needle.
I get the defensive angle. 100%.

I also fear injuries on offense. Ekeler is injury prone. BRob has been nicked up. Ertz IS injury prone.

What if T-Mac gets hurt? He has missed games (not a lot)…..they’d be bereft.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
This is what concerns me about Higgins. It's not the 3rd for the skill set or age, it's assets for a guy who is pretty much guaranteed to go down with injury.

View attachment 914570

I guess if you think the timeline is so accelerated that you're making a play for a deep run this season, sure you pull the trigger and hope for the best. If he really only misses 2-3 games, that's ok. So long as they're not the last games of the season and his absence costs the team advancement in the playoffs.

But just as 5 games in isn't enough to anoint JD a HOF QB, 5 games probably isn't enough to say "we're all-in this year".

/shrug
I mean, I hate to say this — but, I will.

In AP I trust. Yes. Total appeal to authority.

But it’s true.

So I’m happy with any of it. Whatever ends up happening, I more than likely will support. Whomever he targets, I am IN.

That said, people need to stop being afraid to think big. The infrastructure of this team is SO MUCH BETTER than it’s been in decades, that they should ride the wave.

JD5 is SO MUCH BETTER than any Rookie QB we’ve seen since….who? Honestly? Who? Stroud was making some noise last year, but he didn’t hit the NFL scene, really, until that week 9 explosion vs Tampa.

This is almost “unprecedented” territory.

Let’s not be dismissive of that

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I mean, I hate to say this — but, I will.

In AP I trust. Yes. Total appeal to authority.

But it’s true.

So I’m happy with any of it. Whatever ends up happening, I more than likely will support. Whomever he targets, I am IN.

That said, people need to stop being afraid to think big. The infrastructure of this team is SO MUCH BETTER than it’s been in decades, that they should ride the wave.

JD5 is SO MUCH BETTER than any Rookie QB we’ve seen since….who? Honestly? Who? Stroud was making some noise last year, but he didn’t hit the NFL scene, really, until that week 9 explosion vs Tampa.

This is almost “unprecedented” territory.

Let’s not be dismissive of that
100%.

It might actually be time to stop thinking about every possibility in terms of how it blows up in our face and start thinking about how it propels us further.

This team is fun. And it's good. And we deserve it.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Last Sunday was soooo much f***ing fun!!

Im seeing the old jerseys come out in public now.

Jason Campbell
Cooley

I might have to break out my lavar arrington

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad