OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t blame Adams one bit. He’s been a good soldier in a shit situation. That organization is trash, and while I think Pierce can turn it around, it’s not going to be soon. Adams wants to win soon (which likely means NOT coming to DC anytime soon lol)….

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Why not?

This is Year 1 of 3 with Jayden on his rookie cap hit. His cap hits are $7M, $8.5M, and $10M thru 2026.

It is absolutely incumbent on AP to load up in this 3 year window to make runs each and every year before Jayden's cap hit starts to balloon and we need young guys to replace older vets. The best way for guys like St. Juste, Javontae Jean-Baptiste, Jordan Magee and Luke McCaffrey to develop is to have Charvarius Ward, Haason Reddick/Josh Sweat, Bobby Wagner, and Davante Adams in the locker room for them to watch and learn from.

This is a playoff year my man. The window in Washington is wide open.
To me it feels like next offseason is the year to start going for it with moves like that. I mean unless it’s to acquire a young core guy.

8.5 ‘25
10.2 ‘26
12 ‘27

2028 - team option

Reactions: qc14

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Why not?

This is a playoff year my man. The window in Washington is wide open.

I'm not saying don't improve the roster. I'm saying let's use our cap space and top picks to shore up our several glaring weaknesses first and foremost, not dump $30m in a redundant spot.

If JD keeps this up, every FA #2 receiver in the league is going to want that spot. We can get a real upgrade for WAAAAYYYYY less money. With a mobile QB dodging pressure making OL easier to play, every FA OL is going to want these spots -- becoming fixtures on the line of the next Lamar or Mahomes for the next X years.

We will likely have our pick of the litter, so let's use that to our advantage and NOT overpay for a 32-year-old that just took a huge shit on our city and fanbase.

If you are a receiver, you don't need to watch Adams play to learn how. They mostly already know how, and Terry is a MUCH better and younger role model that's already here for less money. Their QB is also known for developing good relationships with his guys. If Ertz loses more mobility and can't go next year, there'll be another guy just like him available to mentor Sinnott if that's necessary.

You add guys like Wagner and Luvu to run the defense on the field, which they can only do impressively if they have better talent around them. So yeah, definitely more of that, spend our money on actual impact players at spots where we currently have ZERO talent, CB and Edge chief among them. We can add a great wideout for a fraction of the money in free agency.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Love the QB School (JT O'Sullivan). So much good video to watch not only JD but the OL, the receivers, etc.

God I love how these WRs are blocking physically all the time.

Meanwhile Jahan Dotson was 2 catches for 11 yards, with AJ Brown and Devonta Smith both out. Good riddance.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Reactions: kicksavedave

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
I'm not saying don't improve the roster. I'm saying let's use our cap space and top picks to shore up our several glaring weaknesses first and foremost, not dump $30m in a redundant spot.
This is where I'm at as well and how I felt about Aiyuk -- if an opportunity that's too good to pass up becomes available you do it but no need to force things now. Going after the big name has burnt this organization too many times to count. Lets give it a couple more weeks to see how serious this run really is, until then keep your powder dry for this summer.

Reactions: Jags

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Coleman is going to be a stud. He's developing really nicely.

LMcC also, going to be a real contributor. #2 WR next year IMO.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

If JD keeps this up, every FA #2 receiver in the league is going to want that spot. We can get a real upgrade for WAAAAYYYYY less money. With a mobile QB dodging pressure making OL easier to play, every FA OL is going to want these spots -- becoming fixtures on the line of the next Lamar or Mahomes for the next X years.

We will likely have our pick of the litter, so let's use that to our advantage and NOT overpay for a 32-year-old that just took a huge shit on our city and fanbase.

If you are a receiver, you don't need to watch Adams play to learn how. They mostly already know how, and Terry is a MUCH better and younger role model that's already here for less money. Their QB is also known for developing good relationships with his guys. If Ertz loses more mobility and can't go next year, there'll be another guy just like him available to mentor Sinnott if that's necessary.

You add guys like Wagner and Luvu to run the defense on the field, which they can only do impressively if they have better talent around them. So yeah, definitely more of that, spend our money on actual impact players at spots where we currently have ZERO talent, CB and Edge chief among them. We can add a great wideout for a fraction of the money in free agency.
I’d do Adam’s for THIS year. What’s he gonna cost, like a 5th or a 6th rounder? I’d do that for half a year of him.

IF he’s all that, then they can redo his contract. If not, I don’t think he’s got any guaranteed money left beyond this season, so he would be around just for this season.

Crosby would cost us to acquire. But he’s young enough that you could get some really good years out of him.

Adams won’t hurt the team. Not with this current coaching staff and the other vets on the team.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
God I love how these WRs are blocking physically all the time.

It's amazing what being able to have real pride in your team does for the effort level, ain't it? Just seeing how fired up the whole team is at what's happening right now is extremely encouraging, and I hope it fills the stands with homers soon. Too many empty seats last game.

LMcC also, going to be a real contributor. #2 WR next year IMO.

Let's hope he improves to #2 level AND we still go out and get a #2 with some height. I love our guys, but we can't have JD throwing to The Lollipop Guild all the time. We need someone tall enough to ride ALL the rides. ;)

I’d do Adam’s for THIS year. What’s he gonna cost, like a 5th or a 6th rounder? I’d do that for half a year of him.

Hey, if we can rent a healthy weapon for low cost, sure. And I'm not out to make too big a deal over the shitty things he said about DC. I generally like the guy. If he's who he seemed to be on the Netflix doc, I'm up for it.

But beyond this year? We do NOT need a 32-year-old that makes a ridiculous fortune. We have bigger needs and can fill that role for far less.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
You had me until the bolded. Lamar’s best isn’t as good as Daniel’s right now? I appreciate the sentiment, but …. Wasn’t Lamar *just* the MVP (again?).
Sorry left a word out. Lamar's best as a passer is behind where Jayden is right now. There is no one who runs like LJ, and I don't see JD ever reaching his level -- nor do I want to.

Zorn also called them the "Maroon and Black", so you know, f*** that guy. Forget medium.

Here's a much better quote for the old timers among us.

"I am in a state of ecstasy. Never mind that nonsense about euphoria and so on, it is sheer unadulterated, uncompromising ecstasy."

Bonus like for anyone who guesses the author.
Jack. Kent. Cook.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
It's amazing what being able to have real pride in your team does for the effort level, ain't it? Just seeing how fired up the whole team is at what's happening right now is extremely encouraging, and I hope it fills the stands with homers soon. Too many empty seats last game.

Let's hope he improves to #2 level AND we still go out and get a #2 with some height. I love our guys, but we can't have JD throwing to The Lollipop Guild all the time. We need someone tall enough to ride ALL the rides. ;)

Hey, if we can rent a healthy weapon for low cost, sure. And I'm not out to make too big a deal over the shitty things he said about DC. I generally like the guy. If he's who he seemed to be on the Netflix doc, I'm up for it.

But beyond this year? We do NOT need a 32-year-old that makes a ridiculous fortune. We have bigger needs and can fill that role for far less.
I couldn’t fathom paying Adam’s next year — unless he comes in for 10 games and does 800-900 yards and like 7-8TD’s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad