OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1727279014000.png

Timely headline as I was just trying to think of who JD reminded me of with his coolness and mannerisms, and it's Rogers.

Obviously not comparing the career or anything else, just that he has that same "chill out, I got this" vibe.

Also, people were complaining about no passing TDs vs TB....the Bucs have yet to give up a pass TD to ANYONE. NYG are middle of the pack with only 4 surrendered.

WFT are worst in the league with 9 pass TDs against.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The efficiency charts are pretty hilarious. Washington has the best offense in the league (by EPA measure) and the worst defense in the league. The defense is notably worse than even the second and third worst defenses, they should be embarrassed — we’d be 0-3 without Jayden playing like he has.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
For those saying Jayden can’t go through progressions, his percent of throws to his first read is among the lowest in the league (with some pretty damn good QBs around him) and when he does throw to his first read, it’s a good decision. Credit to both Jayden for executing and to Kliff for putting together game plans that JD5 is comfortable executing.

Also, Josh Allen is the runaway favorite for MVP right now and Jayden is right on his heels in many metrics. Obviously not an indicator of future success but what he’s doing is special and I’m going to enjoy the hell out of it for as long as it lasts.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Youre right ... what you wrote is solid common sense take

BUT you, I and everyone knows that it is also a solid common sense take to say an adjustment is coming from the league and he/KK will need to adjust to the adjustment

Feels f***ing amazing flying this high, im all aboard the JD train for the next 10 years .. but 3 games in = we have wax wings on

There is no adjustment for an offense that is executing at a high level. Strictly talking passing game, if the OL is blocking well, the protections are correct, the receivers are getting open, and the QB is throwing on time with accuracy, there will be success no matter what scheme the defense uses. Teams have tried spies on mobile QBs since Randall Cunningham. It just means taking one player out of coverage and out of pass rushing. A well run offense crushes teams that use spies, its 11 vs 10, a power play if you will.

Right now the OL is playing well, the receivers are starting to find some openings, and JD is executing at a premium level - no turnovers, accurate passing, including much more deeper stuff this week.

Can things go wrong? Sure, they can run into a DL that blows up our OL. Or a secondary that covers like glue, as Tampa apparently does. But If JD continues to be the most accurate rookie QB in history, there's no "antidote" or "scheme" which will be successful over the long haul.

I think the league should be more scared that JD has the NFL figured out, than he should be that the league figures him out. No one ever figured Brady or Manning out. Talent wins. JD has obvious talent.

Reactions: ynotcaps and g00n

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
For those saying Jayden can’t go through progressions, his percent of throws to his first read is among the lowest in the league (with some pretty damn good QBs around him) and when he does throw to his first read, it’s a good decision. Credit to both Jayden for executing and to Kliff for putting together game plans that JD5 is comfortable executing.

Also, Josh Allen is the runaway favorite for MVP right now and Jayden is right on his heels in many metrics. Obviously not an indicator of future success but what he’s doing is special and I’m going to enjoy the hell out of it for as long as it lasts.

No one who watches closely and checks out the pro QB reviews thinks JD is "one read and run". The Chase Daniel vid I posed above shows JD throwing LMC and TM open in some pretty amazing ways.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Two games in and people were saying he couldn't do X and Y. He just did X and Y. If they throw something else at him there's no reason to believe he won't also be able to do Z.

This. It seems pretty apparent that they're just tuning in to what figures to work in accordance with our strengths and their weaknesses, asking Jayden to do what it takes to execute it.

It's elementary for sure, but they're switching it up as they go, and their QB is adding tools to his arsenal in the process. The upside thus far is that JD has risen to every occasion. I don't know about you guys, but I don't get the sense that he's eking it out at all, or that this was "just one great game" and he'll turn back into a pumpkin.

He's in control, whip smart, learning, adjusting, and clearly eager to keep moving forward. That's the vibe I get when I see him communicating with the sideline. He's ready for more more more, and they're emphasizing some caution and restraint. That push and pull is good for everyone.

It's that part of the movie where it's 24/7 "Paint the fence! Up! Down!" and "Sand the floor!" Might seem tedious now, but when he's ready they'll unleash it all, and Jayden will kick the bully in the face, win the trophy, and f*** the prom queen.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This. It seems pretty apparent that they're just tuning in to what figures to work in accordance with our strengths and their weaknesses, asking Jayden to do what it takes to execute it.

It's elementary for sure, but they're switching it up as they go, and their QB is adding tools to his arsenal in the process. The upside thus far is that JD has risen to every occasion. I don't know about you guys, but I don't get the sense that he's eking it out at all, or that this was "just one great game" and he'll turn back into a pumpkin.

He's in control, whip smart, learning, adjusting, and clearly eager to keep moving forward. That's the vibe I get when I see him communicating with the sideline. He's ready for more more more, and they're emphasizing some caution and restraint. That push and pull is good for everyone.

It's that part of the movie where it's 24/7 "Paint the fence! Up! Down!" and "Sand the floor!" Might seem tedious now, but when he's ready they'll unleash it all, and Jayden will kick the bully in the face, win the trophy, and f*** the prom queen.

He's not some top 10 qb pick that cashes in and hopes to coast on his lottery ticket. He pretty clearly has a deep, strong, internal drive to succeed AND the abilities to enable that.

We loved guys like Heiney and Howell who had heart but lacked the tools. JD seems to have it all.

He even slid once.

Reactions: ynotcaps

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Co-sign all of the above. We're seeing the payoff of the stories about what the team fell in love with in the run-up to the draft and right after the draft, with the story of him on the plane, taking imaginary snaps on plays from our playbook -- he is a demon for preparation.

It's pretty clear that he freaking loves football, not just playing it, but thinking about it, preparing for it, doing it over and over and over.

Insane talent plus obsessive dedication is one hell of a recipe.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
JD now has the highest odds for OROY at +130. Shouldve taken this at the beginning of the year
Next highest is Nabers at +25

Caleb is sitting down at +700 lol

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Youre right ... what you wrote is solid common sense take

BUT you, I and everyone knows that it is also a solid common sense take to say an adjustment is coming from the league and he/KK will need to adjust to the adjustment

Feels f***ing amazing flying this high, im all aboard the JD train for the next 10 years .. but 3 games in = we have wax wings on
Probably.

Except that the way he handles himself. I dunno. It’s exceptional. The stats were ….like…..phenomenal, right?

BUT — the eye test was even better, IMO. Think about THAT.

Bodes for a need to pray for health for our guy. And that’s about it

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Probably.

Except that the way he handles himself. I dunno. It’s exceptional. The stats were ….like…..phenomenal, right?

BUT — the eye test was even better, IMO. Think about THAT.

Bodes for a need to pray for health for our guy. And that’s about it
The line played really, really well Monday night. If they can continue to grow and improve and KK can keep scheming stuff to give lots of options and keep D's playing reactively instead of defining the situation, it bodes well for keeping him upright.

(I know and hear all the stuff about concerns with his running, but it's exactly the kind of hit he took on the TD to TML that worries me most. Standing in and delivering from the pocket against a free rusher is the usual QB killer -- and the only time he got knocked off the field at LSU.)

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think something that's overlooked because of his skinny frame, the guy is a virtual iron man. He missed like one series, in 5 years of being the full time starter in the PAC10 and SEC. He took tons of hits, running and sacks, and he only missed time briefly in the concussion protocol, as a precaution, but returned promptly. He's tough as nails!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad