OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Honestly if folks want to virtual signal in whatever thing not just limiting to religion I mean I'm not one to ever tell someone to do something different....even when I think it's fairly lame. Just sharing my opinion. I have no idea what JD actually said I was more commenting on Beal as someone I had to tolerate being a PR person for Jesus.
Humility is so crucial. Everything happening to him could so easily go straight to his head and puff up his ego to instantly-annoying levels. Thanking God and his O-Line first and foremost after the game? Smiling and laughing on the field with his teammates even at the toughest moments? The respect and devotion he has for his mother? Being the first to congratulate teammates when they're up, and pumping them up when they're down? The zero evidence we've seen so far of any egotistical or obnoxious behavior, womanizing, ...

Look, I'm not a believer myself. Just didn't grown up with it, never had an epiphanous moment of that kind. But I've always had a profound respect for faith because of the good things I've seen come from it. So many awful things have been done in the name of God, but lots of truly great things, too. Faith grounded in humility is often the exact type of compass that helps shape wonderful and successful people.

JD thus far has shown so much class and an extremely rare work ethic. And for someone as soft-spoken as he is to already have so many obvious leadership skills and charisma is similarly rare. If he credits God for any of that, let him. Griffin was this type of electrifying early on, too. But we also knew for sure that he was 100% douche -- RGMe through and through -- the first time someone stuck a mic in his face.

We won the lottery twice on JD being a great player AND seemingly a world-class man. I could criticize organized religion for days, but it's often a real guiding force for excellence and character.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
One play, in the 3rd game of a season, a season of many ??s, is turning into Skidz lore.

Like a Babe preseason game, a Boonell game in Dallas, approaching a DG cracked rib punt return…

I’m resisting the temptation to push all in, but it’s getting real difficult to maintain that position.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I hear you. But today has been... glorious.

The GMFB crew basically had to have a group pants change this morning after their embarrassingly outpouring of praise for JD (and the O) last night. I actually watched a repeat airing of it just to see/hear that whole segment again.

Multiple NFL Radio shows did similar reviews, talking about how great JD looks, the perfect match of him and KK, the fact that TML finally has a QB his skills and talent deserve.

I can't remember the last time this franchise has been the focus of so much glowing praise for what it's doing and should continue to do on the field. We have been so beaten down for literal decades for the shit product we've put out on the field, and the shit people we've been represented by and employed off the field.

The chance to have the football world gush about our football players is, well, glorious.

There are going to be shit, shit weeks ahead -- this defense has a loooong way to go, and there are still talent deficiencies in key positions on both sides of the ball -- but the gang earned their flowers this time out. I'm gonna' smell 'em to death.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He did, and I love BRob, but he just doesn't have that game-breaking speed. Look at last week's game against the giants, there was one play where he got through a hole with wide open field in front of him and got taken down from behind as he was running.

Here it is, at 9:23. Ekeler takes that to the house

Ekeler has already made it known he doesn’t want to be a workhorse back.

It’s a perfect Thunder and Lightning combo IMO.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
The things he's being tasked with now and without good safety support are a lot, though.

This is the same thing that's going on with Wagner, which is why I'm a little boggled by the complaints about him here. The PFF guys were universally giddy last week talking about how huge he's playing individually, and how sad it is that there are so many holes in the defense that they can't leverage what he brings. I don't know what they use for their metrics, so maybe they're horseshit, but Wagner was one of the top 2 LBs in the game after 2 games, with a score in Week 2 that they did a whole segment on.

One of their guys likened the situation to trying to keep up a really big tent with one tent pole; that you have a top-caliber field general trying to lead and shore up a D with no edge, haphazard containment, an underperforming interior, and a dilapidated secondary. Not sure vintage Ray Lewis could buoy a situation like that on his own.

I immediately thought "That's a Lamar play" and it took Lamar a year to start doing that kind of thing.

And we can probably thank Lamar, and having an OC savvy enough to feed his smart QB with an apparently voracious appetite for football that film and say, "Look at what Lamar does here."

We're so lucky to have a guy with JD's physical gifts, but combine that with the humility to know he has things to learn, the smarts to diagnose those things and process the solutions, and the work ethic to go out and drill it into a rhythm with his teammates. KK appears to be bringing him along nicely, too.

Look at last week's game against the giants, there was one play where he got through a hole with wide open field in front of him and got taken down from behind as he was running.

In today's NFL, most DBs are faster than most RBs, and the fastest RBs are rarely big tackle-breakers. There's maybe 3 or 4 in the league that can either break through for a run or routinely make people miss AND also outrun the entire defense. BRob can't be all things, but he's real good at what he is. We could be better at leveraging his strengths more consistently, but last night it didn't end up being much of a priority.

Last week they were still sheltering JD, had to emphasize the run, and they pulled it off. This week they went in knowing they'd have to score a lot to keep pace with the Cincy offense, so they took the training wheels off some, and that worked out, too. Could be we have an offensive coaching staff now that actually knows how to coach an NFL offense and gameplan for what's in front of them.

Wouldn't that be something? ;)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I hear you. But today has been... glorious.

The GMFB crew basically had to have a group pants change this morning after their embarrassingly outpouring of praise for JD (and the O) last night. I actually watched a repeat airing of it just to see/hear that whole segment again.

Multiple NFL Radio shows did similar reviews, talking about how great JD looks, the perfect match of him and KK, the fact that TML finally has a QB his skills and talent deserve.

I can't remember the last time this franchise has been the focus of so much glowing praise for what it's doing and should continue to do on the field. We have been so beaten down for literal decades for the shit product we've put out on the field, and the shit people we've been represented by and employed off the field.

The chance to have the football world gush about our football players is, well, glorious.

There are going to be shit, shit weeks ahead -- this defense has a loooong way to go, and there are still talent deficiencies in key positions on both sides of the ball -- but the gang earned their flowers this time out. I'm gonna' smell 'em to death.

Incredibly fun night and morning on all the sport shows. Man have we been overdue….it’s one game so not going to get too high over this one, but damn it felt good.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
When you go two weeks in a row without punting it’s hard to criticize. It like when Philly runs the push play. I hate it. But it works. And our offense was exciting tonight. Little KC like.
I think the tush push is a thing of the past without Jason Kelce under center.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I don't mind JD's religious beliefs you'd be surprised how many football players are religious (Terry is too)

I like the attitude the kid brings and the swagger. He was telling Bengals fans to go home :laugh:

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Jayden has a LONG LONG way to go in terms of being "the next one"

Not being asked to make intermediate throws
Not many anticipation/timing throws
Not many "threw them open" throws
Not many 2nd or 3rd read progressions throws; when the first read isnt there .. its scramble drills

After 3 games ... he and KK are about to see the league adjust to him w QB shadows, cover 0 seeing if he can repeat what he did w Terry

-------------------------

50/50 chance that will be his best game of the season

Winter is coming, league will adjust

• Haha
Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Come on Neil —

There’s a 50/50 chance that would be ANY QB’s “best game”. 21/23 for 250+ and 3 total TD’s?

Get a hold of yourself here. Yer being a bit contrarian it seems, maybe for fun?

Just because he may not repeat 91% doesn’t mean he’s peaked. LOL

Reactions: Neil Racki

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Jayden has a LONG LONG way to go in terms of being "the next one"

Not being asked to make intermediate throws
Not many anticipation/timing throws
Not many "threw them open" throws
Not many 2nd or 3rd read progressions throws; when the first read isnt there .. its scramble drills

After 3 games ... he and KK are about to see the league adjust to him w QB shadows, cover 0 seeing if he can repeat what he did w Terry

-------------------------

50/50 chance that will be his best game of the season

Winter is coming, league will adjust
The current offense is THE ANTIDOTE to the constant cover 2 we’re seeing all over the league. The next DC is going to try something else. I noticed the Giants looked like they had 5 linebackers and 15 safeties stacked across the 5-10 yard area. That’s a better way to try and stop what KK and Daniels are doing.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Come on Neil —

There’s a 50/50 chance that would be ANY QB’s “best game”. 21/23 for 250+ and 3 total TD’s?

Get a hold of yourself here. Yer being a bit contrarian it seems, maybe for fun?

Just because he may not repeat 91% doesn’t mean he’s peaked. LOL
Youre right ... what you wrote is solid common sense take

BUT you, I and everyone knows that it is also a solid common sense take to say an adjustment is coming from the league and he/KK will need to adjust to the adjustment

Feels f***ing amazing flying this high, im all aboard the JD train for the next 10 years .. but 3 games in = we have wax wings on

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Youre right ... what you wrote is solid common sense take

BUT you, I and everyone knows that it is also a solid common sense take to say an adjustment is coming from the league and he/KK will need to adjust to the adjustment

Feels f***ing amazing flying this high, im all aboard the JD train for the next 10 years .. but 3 games in = we have wax wings on
There will be QB spies if there haven't been already, sure. But then JD can find whoever's uncovered.

That's where having Ekeler healthy would make a huge difference.

As for cover 0, no DC is going to want to play that all game long. If they come with it early or on every 3rd down it will be up to KK to adjust and get JD looking for guys on rub routes or crossing or other schemes designed to beat man.

Two games in and people were saying he couldn't do X and Y. He just did X and Y. If they throw something else at him there's no reason to believe he won't also be able to do Z.

Reactions: Jags and Neil Racki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad