OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Honestly if folks want to virtual signal in whatever thing not just limiting to religion I mean I'm not one to ever tell someone to do something different....even when I think it's fairly lame. Just sharing my opinion. I have no idea what JD actually said I was more commenting on Beal as someone I had to tolerate being a PR person for Jesus.
Humility is so crucial. Everything happening to him could so easily go straight to his head and puff up his ego to instantly-annoying levels. Thanking God and his O-Line first and foremost after the game? Smiling and laughing on the field with his teammates even at the toughest moments? The respect and devotion he has for his mother? Being the first to congratulate teammates when they're up, and pumping them up when they're down? The zero evidence we've seen so far of any egotistical or obnoxious behavior, womanizing, ...

Look, I'm not a believer myself. Just didn't grown up with it, never had an epiphanous moment of that kind. But I've always had a profound respect for faith because of the good things I've seen come from it. So many awful things have been done in the name of God, but lots of truly great things, too. Faith grounded in humility is often the exact type of compass that helps shape wonderful and successful people.

JD thus far has shown so much class and an extremely rare work ethic. And for someone as soft-spoken as he is to already have so many obvious leadership skills and charisma is similarly rare. If he credits God for any of that, let him. Griffin was this type of electrifying early on, too. But we also knew for sure that he was 100% douche -- RGMe through and through -- the first time someone stuck a mic in his face.

We won the lottery twice on JD being a great player AND seemingly a world-class man. I could criticize organized religion for days, but it's often a real guiding force for excellence and character.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad