OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Three more days until legal tampering and the leaks about who is going where come out. We will know a lot about the makeup of this team on Monday

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I’d like to see them target Michael Onwenu in FA. He’s 26, and versatile - can play G or T. Not sure if Wylie is sticking around, so that would be a great replacement.

I’d also be fine overpaying for a couple years of Tyron Smith. He’s still good, PFF had him at 88.6 pass-blocking grade, good for best in league last season.

Even if we draft a T in 2nd/3rd, not sure I’d want a rookie protecting our new QB’s blind side. Or with T. Smith, we could wait to draft a new LT with our ‘25 1st.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
I don't know why or who I merged him with in my head but it feels like Ekeler has been in the league for like 15 years.
I think he’d be great to pair with BRob replacing gibson in a 3rd down role, valuable check down guy for rookie QB when play breaks down/nothing is open. Especially as they try to rebuild the o-line you like those dump offs that can still lead to big gains. Plus having Lynn now who knows him and has had success with him is an added bonus

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
For free agents the RB and Safety classes look great. I would be disappointed if we don't add with all our cap space.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
For free agents the RB and Safety classes look great. I would be disappointed if we don't add with all our cap space.
Out of necessity if anything. A pass rusher is almost a requirement. Allow them to go true BPA and add studs to the roster in the draft.

This draft is super deep at OL and WR.

There are going to be some absurdly talented WR available in the 2nd. Guys like Mitchell, Franklin, Legette and McConkey all have serious upside.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

NE definitely taking a QB.

I guess JAX think Jones will be a good backup to Lawrence, or something

Reactions: Bananas

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
So I guess the compensatory pick sequences are settled now... Not sure if this is news or just something my RSS feed threw at me late...

We pick at 2, 36, 40, 67, 99, 101, 138, 178, 222.

Reactions: Neil Racki

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What a weird move. Have they lost faith in Pickett? Do they think RW is going to be a stable, mentoring backup or something?

I wonder if Tomlin is on the hot seat and bringing in a veteran QB removes the "developmental QB" variable from that equation.

Last edited:

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Curl - hopefully he gave us the chance to match whatever he is offered. If not, we def need to add a good FA safety.

Cowboys and 9ers FAs - I imagine we sign a few guys from each team (Clelin ferrell is going to be signed)

Eugene Chen - rumored to value the TE position .. Ertz here already but some talking heads suspect we draft a guy in the 2nd round. Appears only Noah Fant is top 100 FA at TE .. so good job gettign ertz for 5m but I dont think we can depend on that

LG - Would like one of the top FAs at LG. No clue what we do with LT as its a barren market but a good vet LG would do wonders.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedRocking

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
What a weird move. Have they lost faith in Pickett? Do they think RW is going to be a stable, mentoring backup or something?

I wonder if Tomlin is on the hot seat and bringing in a veteran QB removes the "developmental QB" variable from that equation.

I think they definitely soured on Pickett. I'll admit, I thought he would be a good one coming out of the draft, but he's been pretty bad for Pitt - I believe they benched him this past year. They definitely didn't sign Wilson to backup Pickett.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think they definitely soured on Pickett. I'll admit, I thought he would be a good one coming out of the draft, but he's been pretty bad for Pitt - I believe they benched him this past year. They definitely didn't sign Wilson to backup Pickett.
Hard to know for sure if it was KP or the OC that was fired. He got maybe a game and a half under the new OC before he was injured.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Peters was pretty adamant that they won’t be big spenders in free agency so I’d expect a few signings with maybe one splash signing but not much else. Think he’s going to be more focused on how to spend that sweet, sweet draft capital he has next month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad