OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I get all of that. 100%. My only thinking is Fields is definitely “better” than anyone we’ve run out since healthy Alex Smith. He won’t be very expensive to acquire, for the reasons you mentioned. He’s been quite good, when used correctly. Never underestimate what bad coaching can do, as we’ve all seen that first hand!

AND we could grab a bundle of futures while moving back a little bit, to add more starters all over the place.

I see it as simply something to think about. The futures we get could coincide with what the Bears got this year. Or what Miami got from SF that allowed them to catapult pretty quickly.

Food for thought is all.
If they want to trade back and not take a QB at 2OA, I’d rather just keep Howell. Despite some of the progress he made this year, I’m really just not a fan of Fields.

So, sure, in that scenario - get a haul, hopefully still get one of Fashanu/Alt with the top pick, or maybe Bowers. Then fill in a bunch of other needs (and likely have someone’s 1st next year to continue the process).

Last edited:
Reactions: Holtbyisms

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
If they want to trade back and not take a QB at 2OA, I’d rather just keep Howell. Despite some of the progress he made this year, I’m really just not a fan of Fields.

So, sure, in that scenario - get a haul, hopefully still get one of Fashanu/Alt with the top pick, or maybe Bowers. Then fill in a bunch of other needs (and likely have someone’s
1st next year to continue the process).
Got Atlanta's 1st and 3rd next year, plus a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th this year, and still landed Daniels.

pff_mock_results (3).png

Reactions: RedRocking

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
damn frank gore jr is eligible these days, nice

draft can't get here soon enough. amped to see who they add to this team and amped to see peters get to work

Reactions: kicksavedave

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Welp, that makes it seem that the Commanders haven’t “committed” to anyone yet. All the talking heads point to Ben Johnson. However, I think he’s stop interviewing (as would they) if that commitment had happened.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Trading down and still nabbing a QB is a very potent scenario. Only makes sense if Peters and new coach don’t love one of Williams/Maye.

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
Welp, that makes it seem that the Commanders haven’t “committed” to anyone yet. All the talking heads point to Ben Johnson. However, I think he’s stop interviewing (as would they) if that commitment had happened.
isnt everything right now just zoom interviews? I would think they will wait until he can do in person ones

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
isnt everything right now just zoom interviews? I would think they will wait until he can do in person ones

NFL Protocols:
Per NFL protocols, interviews with employees of other clubs must be conducted virtually prior to the conclusion of Divisional Playoff games on Sunday, Jan. 21. If the employer club had a Wild Card bye, virtual interviews had to be conducted prior to the conclusion of Wild Card games.

If the employer club was a Wild Card participant, virtual interviews could begin three days after its Wild Card game and must be conducted prior to the conclusion of Divisional Playoff games.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
If we trade back and trade for fields, i would kinda wanna take bowers ngl

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I’m pretty sold on Maye. I think he’s got the goods. He’d pair super well with Ben Johnson too.

Fingers crossed.
That's what I'm hoping for and if Ben is the guy and Peters is serious about the coach helping pick #2 you'd have to think Maye is the guy with Johnson being a UNC QB alum himself.

Reactions: TCB

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
That's what I'm hoping for and if Ben is the guy and Peters is serious about the coach helping pick #2 you'd have to think Maye is the guy with Johnson being a UNC QB alum himself.

I would hope that Alma Mater wouldn't factor into a decision like this. Thats seems Snyderesque to me.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I would hope that Alma Mater wouldn't factor into a decision like this. Thats seems Snyderesque to me.
People can say things like that don't factor in, but they always do. Just like the whole thought process behind an unbiased judge. Nobody is unbiased.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad