OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

cost the Jets a 3rd….
Reddick can be a force. Give them a 4th IF you can come to a 2-3yr deal.

Dude, that was a full-on melt down!

Love how in his defense he threw out "We just made (noted playoff choker) Dak the highest paid player in the NFL!"

Yes, Jerrah, you did. You really did.
Did not hear it. Sounds amusing!

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006

cost the Jets a 3rd….
I'd offer them a conditional 4th in '26 -- monster edge will help the secondary. If if he doesn't rack up a ton of sacks, he may cut the QB's time to throw by a quarter second or so.

(And we still have our 3rds to do the Higgins trade... :naughty:)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

Cooper + 25’ 6th

For

25’ 3rd
26’ 7th
lol Jets make the big move. And this

Us getting a 3rd for Dotson was some nice trading

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm laughing is because it's funny when bad things happen to bad people.
He’s very lucky he didn’t kill someone. As shitty as he thinks he’s getting it right now, he’d be looking at a long prison sentence if one of those guys’ heads bounced the wrong way on the pavement or off the car.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
He’s very lucky he didn’t kill someone. As shitty as he thinks he’s getting it right now, he’d be looking at a long prison sentence if one of those guys’ heads bounced the wrong way on the pavement or off the car.
I’d be shocked if this was this dudes first rodeo with this. Literally.

Who says “I don’t lose” after one altercation?
That’s a summary of current AND past performance.

It’s akin to “I am inevitable” by Thanos. You need some past cred to have that belief.

So FAK this guy. Hope he’s arrested and made a pariah. GTFO man

Reactions: ynotcaps

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
WR is a need, don’t be fooled. That will be validated in the coming draft I’m sure.
Coming into the season I would have completely agreed with you. But after 6 games the WR corps has definitely been ‘good enough’ IMO. Could they be better? Of course but there isn’t a unit on the team you couldn’t say that for.

I 100% agree they will look to improve the WR group in the offseason though.

Reactions: Neil Racki

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Coming into the season I would have completely agreed with you. But after 6 games the WR corps has definitely been ‘good enough’ IMO. Could they be better? Of course but there isn’t a unit on the team you couldn’t say that for.

Big difference in getting bye and excelling….and we’re just getting by beyond TM.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Big difference in getting bye and excelling….and we’re just getting by beyond TM.
I think trying to get an edge rusher or a DB makes more sense for the team this year, if they decide they want to add. They desperately need talent at those two positions, much more so than WR. I’m not saying I’d be against getting a receiver but does a recover make a material difference to the team this year? I’m not sure. On the other hand, if they got a big upgrade at DB or DE that could actually change things.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think trying to get an edge rusher or a DB makes more sense for the team this year, if they decide they want to add. They desperately need talent at those two positions, much more so than WR. I’m not saying I’d be against getting a receiver but does a recover make a material difference to the team this year? I’m not sure. On the other hand, if they got a big upgrade at DB or DE that could actually change things.
I’ll take anything, but trying to fix the D in season is a fools quest IMO. Way too many holes.

Like I said, I’ll take any smart additions. I just think a top receiver takes this offense to another level right away.

Last edited:

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I hope Adam Peters is a bit more disciplined ... play out the season, evaluate in house, go big name hunting in the offseason

We arent winning the SB this year .. we dont need to act short term

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I think the simplest way to look at it is this:

Our D is at least 2 players from being good -- either 2 DBs or 1 rusher and 1 DB -- and honestly, possibly more.

Our O is one player away from being almost unstoppable.

There are a few guys out there allegedly available who could fill the one role to make us unstoppable -- and we've named them ALL! But who are the guys rumored to be available at the multiple spots we need to make the defense good? Reddick at edge is clearly available -- but who else?

And as posted earlier -- if we can get one D hole filled and turn the O into a superpower? Hell yes! If we can do it for 2-4 3rd and or 4th round picks? **** yes!

And to be clear -- if the price is higher than that? I'm much more skeptical. But 3rds and 4ths next year and the year after aren't gonna do shit for us this year, and likely not next year either. If we can spend those on guys who will move our window up by a year -- and make JD's contract a value one year earlier -- I'm all over it.

Honestly, show me 2-3 difference makers in the spots we need on D who may be available in trade, and I will 100% re-evaluate my position re: WR. Seriously. But if they're not out there, I don't think we should spit on the opt'y to blow our offense out because we hope that we get lucky with a mid-rounder or two who might contribute 1-3 years from now.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Not to put it out there, but if TML, um, caught a really bad flu that knocked him out for a month or 2 or 3, what would our offense look like then?
The fact is we don’t know. But coming into the season did you expect them to even be good enough as is? I didn’t and I don’t believe I’m in the minority there. Could the more unheralded guys step up even more if given the opportunity? We don’t know.

The edge and CB groups we know are terrible though.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

If TMcLaurin goes down for any time, like at all, they’ve got nothing left.

Get a young guy now. They have the salary space. Not just for this year, but for …… Infinity…..and BEYOND!!!!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I hope Adam Peters is a bit more disciplined ... play out the season, evaluate in house, go big name hunting in the offseason

We arent winning the SB this year .. we dont need to act short term
We could do some damage with a few adept additions. Be it via trade, draft, or FA. AND, we need them all, so however/whomever wrt to “importance” doesn’t mean much to me
DB (preferably CB)
DE/Edge
WR
OL

Get what you can, when you can. If the value is there, and the cost and the ROI is right, you do it.

Period end

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
We could do some damage with a few adept additions. Be it via trade, draft, or FA. AND, we need them all, so however/whomever wrt to “importance” doesn’t mean much to me
DB (preferably CB)
DE/Edge
WR
OL

Get what you can, when you can. If the value is there, and the cost and the ROI is right, you do it.

Period end

Yes if we can add a CB1, edge player who can get 10 sacks 1v1 and a WR2 .. then we can do some damage. Damage being winning a WC game.

But unless we are adding all that mid season via trade (spoiler = we arent).... Id suggest from my keyboard we stay the course. 6 games in, we dont need to throw our long term plans out the window bc Jayden and Terry connected for a few tough throws and catches.

We all agree, improve the team when you can at all times, never stop looking to improve. Its the "if the value is there" subjective part that no one can agree on. If there are 20 or so of us .. there are going to be 20 or so varying opinions on what is value.

Adam Peters we trust. I trust he will be patient and go big name hunting this offseason like he said a few months ago.

.. unless theres value.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
This is where the mentality splits…I don’t look at adding top end talents, guys you can add to the core sooner rather than later as “throwing our long term plans out the window”.

We’re seeing big talents for 3rds and 6th and 7ths and you all are acting like we’re selling the future if we fill the one glaring hole on the offensive side of the ball via trade…sure seems like value to be had to me.

You know who big game hunts in the offseason? Everyone else…

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006

Aikman is in love

That is beautiful, and it highlights the biggest different difference b/t JD and RGMe -- he knew he was gold from the meeting, before he went out and killed CIN.

It's the dedication to the game and the team that has him on track to be one of the great ones. This isn't a hobby or even a job -- it really is his life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad