Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Yup homers are fun and instant scoring, and they win you games.

That's partially the reason why they have -74 run differential. They hit no homers in the first 2 months, Vladdy included.
I was doing something else during the pregame but I think I heard, the Jays hitters are trying to get good pitches to hit hard. Hague is having more influence on the hitters I think. Hopefully, they give Mattingly and Martinez the boot.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I was doing something else during the pregame but I think I heard, the Jays hitters are trying to get good pitches to hit hard. Hague is having more influence on the hitters I think. Hopefully, they give Mattingly and Martinez the boot.
It only took them like, 18 months to realize that maaaaybe you should be trying to hammer those middle-middle fastballs pitchers were just arrogantly peppering them with, but hey better late then never.

Reactions: canucksfan

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
It only took them like, 18 months to realize that maaaaybe you should be trying to hammer those middle-middle fastballs pitchers were just arrogantly peppering them with, but hey better late then never.
It should have been a major red flag when Mattingly said "we're not gonna be a homer team last year".

You HAVE to be in the AL East.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This man on the mound here is the biggest wildcard we have.. Is he a starter for 2025 or does he work better as a multi inning reliever?

I’ll be shocked if he isn’t in the rotation next year.

Already in this broadcast another Hague mention while Mattingly and Martinez might as well be in Siberia for all the attention they’re given.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I still maintain the worst thing management has done is hire Mattingly. The bats died a lot after he came here and his philosophy isn’t current with modern baseball. When he claims Jays aren’t a power team and damage is dangerous word, I’m still puzzled why he’s here.

I haven’t seen him on the bench in weeks.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I still maintain the worst thing management has done is hire Mattingly. The bats died a lot after he came here and his philosophy isn’t current with modern baseball. When he claims Jays aren’t a power team and damage is dangerous word, I’m still puzzled why he’s here.

I haven’t seen him on the bench in weeks.

Is he actually still in the dugout during games? I seriously don’t know.

He and Schneider were constantly next to each other last season and that certainly doesn’t appear to be the case now.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Is he actually still in the dugout during games? I seriously don’t know.

He and Schneider were constantly next to each other last season and that certainly doesn’t appear to be the case now.
That’s a good point. He would be next to John but I don’t see him now. I see Hague often.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That’s a good point. He would be next to John but I don’t see him now. I see Hague often.

The last anything in the media I can see from Mattingly is an interview with Hazel Mae in May 4.

The way he’s just totally disappeared while at the same time Hague is all kinds of front-and-centre is just weird.

Like, I can’t remember the last time that Mattingly was seen or mentioned on a broadcast.

Edit : just now when Schneider walked out of the dugout for the pitching change you could see Pete Walker next to him and Demarlo Hale behind him and no sign whatsoever of Mattingly.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This crowd is so soft. If this was NY/Boston/Chicago the team would be getting pelted with garbage after this sort of performance in this sort of season.

Not that that’s ideal either, but there’s a reason management in Toronto can get away with a lack of ambition.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Good to see the standard is still the standard.

Actually hit the ball? be a real shame if the bullpen shit itself catastrophically to undo all the work you did.

Can we just fast forward to october?

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Good to see the standard is still the standard.

Actually hit the ball? be a real shame if the bullpen shit itself catastrophically to undo all the work you did.

Can we just fast forward to october?

They lost a game and got good performances from some key members of the 2025 roster. That's... pretty much what we should be looking for at this point, isn't it?

Rodriguez not being able to hold it together was really the only disappointing part of that game.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The bullpen is shit. They pretty much need a whole set of new pitchers down there in 2025. Who is worth keeping anyway from the active bullpen roster? Green, and Cabrera?

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
The bullpen is shit. They pretty much need a whole set of new pitchers down there in 2025. Who is worth keeping anyway from the active bullpen roster? Green, and Cabrera?
I think Burr would be worth bringing back. The ERA isn't good, but all the peripherals are - he's kinda been the opposite of Cabrera.

Obviously it's hard to say what Romano can be going forward, but he and Green are locks for 2026.
Burr and Cabrera might be ok as secondary pieces.

Pretty much everything else needs to be rebuilt.

Reactions: Vector and MS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad