Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think Burr would be worth bringing back. The ERA isn't good, but all the peripherals are - he's kinda been the opposite of Cabrera.

Obviously it's hard to say what Romano can be going forward, but he and Green are locks for 2026.
Burr and Cabrera might be ok as secondary pieces.

Pretty much everything else needs to be rebuilt.

Is Yarbrough worth keeping if he wants to re-sign? Or you just let him walk?

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Is Yarbrough worth keeping if he wants to re-sign? Or you just let him walk?
He should be gone.

One thing the Jays could do is have one of Bloss/Francis/Yariel go into the bullpen.

Romano is somewhat of a wildcard stuff is declining, coming off an injury.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Jays trade an infielder for a reliever.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I think Burr would be worth bringing back. The ERA isn't good, but all the peripherals are - he's kinda been the opposite of Cabrera.

Obviously it's hard to say what Romano can be going forward, but he and Green are locks for 2026.
Burr and Cabrera might be ok as secondary pieces.

Pretty much everything else needs to be rebuilt.
I’m bullish on Hagen Danner for 25.
Then, I expect one of Francis or YRod to take the long role, with a starter brought in.
If you can add a high leverage guy or two, it could get deep pretty quick.
Feasible too. I’d expect some manner of impressive arm or two in the return for Bo.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I’m bullish on Hagen Danner for 25.
Then, I expect one of Francis or YRod to take the long role, with a starter brought in.
If you can add a high leverage guy or two, it could get deep pretty quick.
Feasible too. I’d expect some manner of impressive arm or two in the return for Bo.
Danner might be an option but his underlying numbers in Buffalo aren't great.

This is where the lack of development among pitchers hurts the team a lot. They've been dumpster diving on the waiver wire because they haven't developed solid pitching, even relievers.

Reactions: MS

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

This is where the lack of development among pitchers hurts the team a lot. They've been dumpster diving on the waiver wire because they haven't developed solid pitching, even relievers.
Yeah, even the guys who seem to be developing well always hit a wall or it doesn't translate to the majors.

I assume they'll add a mid-rotation veteran next year and then have Rodriguez, Francis, and Bloss fight it out for the 5th rotation spot. Something like Francis as the 5th starter, Rodriguez as a long-man/spot starter, Bloss opening the year in AAA with Macko moving up to Buffalo. Then Manoah and Tiedemann come back around the All-Star break and the starting depth starts to look pretty good.

They need a couple big arms for the bullpen, though.

Considering the way some of the other guys are playing (Clement looking solid with the bat and excellent defensively, Jimenez adjusting pretty well to the majors, Orelvis looking great in AAA - though obviously he's a wild card at this point, even Kasevich adjusting well to AAA) I think trading Bo to address multiple other areas might actually be a smart move as opposed to just something they're forced to do because of his contract situation.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008

Yeah, I hear you.

Coming off injury tho, he hasn’t been bad. A guy to keep an eye on of a group of maybes for a lower leverage role.

Reactions: canucksfan

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Yeah, even the guys who seem to be developing well always hit a wall or it doesn't translate to the majors.

I assume they'll add a mid-rotation veteran next year and then have Rodriguez, Francis, and Bloss fight it out for the 5th rotation spot. Something like Francis as the 5th starter, Rodriguez as a long-man/spot starter, Bloss opening the year in AAA with Macko moving up to Buffalo. Then Manoah and Tiedemann come back around the All-Star break and the starting depth starts to look pretty good.

They need a couple big arms for the bullpen, though.

Considering the way some of the other guys are playing (Clement looking solid with the bat and excellent defensively, Jimenez adjusting pretty well to the majors, Orelvis looking great in AAA - though obviously he's a wild card at this point, even Kasevich adjusting well to AAA) I think trading Bo to address multiple other areas might actually be a smart move as opposed to just something they're forced to do because of his contract situation.
I think Jimenez might be traded for a pitcher. They are deep with infielders and he has to be on the team.

Crazy numbers

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Yeah Vogelbach and Biggio were given priority LOL.

I dunno about if we'd be in a playoff spot, but definitely not 10 games under. maybe around .500
Add in signing Turner and resigning Kk. That’s 4 roster spots that were f***ing trash. Half the lineup was an auto out. Terribly constructed team by management.

Reactions: LeafSadist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad