Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v5 | **DOUBLEHEADER** Mon, Jul 29 | @ Bal |Gm1: 3pm ET/12pm PT / Gm2: TBA | Rodriguez v Eflin & Francis v Povich

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Good news is likely have a top 5 pick. Havent had that in awhile. But baseball is not like other sports with the draft. Have no clue where the player will be in a few years. Just the higher you draft the more money you have to shell out. Jays would be drafting 4th right now.
The most important thing will be who is going to be running the team next June? I f***ing hope it’s not Atkins. There’s no possible way him and Schneider survive this debacle of a season. They gotta overhaul the whole operation, this B.S about making lineups based off analytics has killed this team. I’m never going to forget Berrios getting pulled after the 3rd inning in a playoff game.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Another pitiful offensive effort and tragic bullpen display. The management of this team are by far the most clueless baseball minds the Jays have ever had. Someone, please explain to me, if we’re trying to win every game, and our offence sucks, why our best hitter right now, Horwitz, isn’t in every game regardless who is on the mound?

I totally agree with Saska, this team is so unlikeable from management down to some of the players. Varsho is great defensively, but his offence is so bad I dislike the guy. He’s hitting .197. Kirk is good defensively, but his awful offence and out of shape body makes me loathe the guy. Kiermaier is great in the outfield, but he’s hitting .187. You have to try real hard to suck that bad.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Another pitiful offensive effort and tragic bullpen display. The management of this team are by far the most clueless baseball minds the Jays have ever had. Someone, please explain to me, if we’re trying to win every game, and our offence sucks, why our best hitter right now, Horwitz, isn’t in every game regardless who is on the mound?

I totally agree with Saska, this team is so unlikeable from management down to some of the players. Varsho is great defensively, but his offence is so bad I dislike the guy. He’s hitting .197. Kirk is good defensively, but his awful offence and out of shape body makes me loathe the guy. Kiermaier is great in the outfield, but he’s hitting .187. You have to try real hard to suck that bad.

It's unfortunate. As a Detroit fan in hockey and Toronto fan in basketball... there has been some lean years lately, but they are pale in comparison to a team spending money like this on and off the field to throw logic and reasoning to the wind. I feel the same with Varsho, KK and to a milder degree Kirk. At least the first two guys try to be healthy enough to produce.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
see i dont even mind if we lost competitively. I cant even watch the games due to this offense anymore. Before id be excited for the lineup to turn to our 1-4 guys.. But besides vladdy its a shitshow

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I don't feel they players as individuals are unlikeable.. don't seem like bad people to me.

I do not enjoy watching this team play baseball as we are just not very good at it.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Bassitt not having a good start, 2 innings so far 63 pitches, walks, balk, pitching violations but miraculously only down 2-0

Blowpen gonna get another workout.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Ernie clement with a 3 run dinger. only guy to drive in runs in this series so far.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don't feel they players as individuals are unlikeable.. don't seem like bad people to me.

I do not enjoy watching this team play baseball as we are just not very good at it.

I actually find the individual players on this team to be very likeable, and that it’s actually one of the more likeable groups of people I can remember.

But runs are fun and high-scoring games are enjoyable even if pitching/D sucks, and watching a team scuffle to score 2-3 runs and then the crappy bullpen blow it is just not an enjoyable experience.

Plus the front office and the overall organizational approach is extremely unlikeable right now.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
But runs are fun and high-scoring games are enjoyable even if pitching/D sucks, and watching a team scuffle to score 2-3 runs and then the crappy bullpen blow it is just not an enjoyable experience.

Plus the front office and the overall organizational approach is extremely unlikeable right now.
Yup run prevention baseball is as boring as the neutral zone trap of the New Jersey Devils of the 90s and 2000s. At least they won cups, Jays aren't winning even single playoff games.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
8LK6i19.jpeg

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Wow, Varsho and Bichette out and the team explodes for 9 runs. Replaced some useless at bats and this happens. I like it.
Weird eh. Take out 2 pathetic hitters and you score 10 runs. Clement will now sit, jiminez won’t play for 2 months and Schnieder will be back in the dog house.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Weird eh. Take out 2 pathetic hitters and you score 10 runs. Clement will now sit, jiminez won’t play for 2 months and Schnieder will be back in the dog house.
Varsho has a .330 OPS since June 16, and he’s hitting .160 in the last 30 games. Of course you’re going to hit better without him. Teams are exploiting weaknesses in certain areas of his strike zone. With our shit coaching staff, they’re not going to help him through this. Mattingly will tell him to figure it out on his own lol.

Bichette is on a whole new level of frustration. His body language indicates he doesn’t know how to get out of this slump. He even said that if knew what to do to get out of it, he would. Once again, the coaching staff is clueless as to what he should do.

I hope we see Horwitz, Clement, and even Jimenez more regularly.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Varsho has a .330 OPS since June 16, and he’s hitting .160 in the last 30 games. Of course you’re going to hit better without him. Teams are exploiting weaknesses in certain areas of his strike zone. With our shit coaching staff, they’re not going to help him through this. Mattingly will tell him to figure it out on his own lol.

Bichette is on a whole new level of frustration. His body language indicates he doesn’t know how to get out of this slump. He even said that if knew what to do to get out of it, he would. Once again, the coaching staff is clueless as to what he should do.

I hope we see Horwitz, Clement, and even Jimenez more regularly.

Seems like Matt Hague is actually a good hitting coach. He has been working with the Buffalo boys.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Absolutely love that Bo and Varsho are sitting out. f***ing bums can’t hit, sorry can’t play. Simple. Don’t care who you are.

And weird jays have 4 runs in 4 innings.

These moves are way to little and to late but I do love to see it

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
The team is looking good with the youngsters in the lineup, but like shaner said, too little too late. They waited too long to jettison the likes of Vogelbach and Biggio. A lot less of Kirk has also been good for the team and for him. Also,too many holes in the batting lineup if both Kiermaier and Varsho are playing most of the games as they were. Nice little stretch, really should be undefeated in 5 if not for Richards and the bullpen shitting the bed in the first game of the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad