Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v5 | Wed, Aug 7 | vs Bal | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Kremer vs Gausman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
What can we expect when Springer is batting cleanup, Varsho following him, lower down you have Kirk, and Kiermaier ninth. Not a hit to be found among them. How does Schneider and his staff have a job? Like Siddall said after the game, all the Jays batters do not adjust to the pitchers. What is the job of the hitting coaches?

Reactions: hockeywiz542

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Varsho is a pos. Always has been. We knew this before we got him. Ya his defense is good but if you can’t hit who gives a f***. He had 1 good one month. He’s a .210 hitter with the jays over almost a year and half. He f***ing sucks. The pos who made the trade is still here too. Embarrassing

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Varsho is a pos. Always has been. We knew this before we got him. Ya his defense is good but if you can’t hit who gives a f***. He had 1 good one month. He’s a .210 hitter with the jays over almost a year and half. He f***ing sucks. The pos who made the trade is still here too. Embarrassing

giphy.gif

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Your friendly morning Blue Jay stat of ineptitude:

The Blue Jays rank 29 out of 30 teams in home runs. They also rank 29th out of 30 in home runs allowed(2nd most in the league).

How in the hell does Atkins still have a job? People saw this coming in the off-season. He bet on a bunch of chumps to change from last season and that obviously hasn’t happened.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Your friendly morning Blue Jay stat of ineptitude:

The Blue Jays rank 29 out of 30 teams in home runs. They also rank 29th out of 30 in home runs allowed(2nd most in the league).

How in the hell does Atkins still have a job? People saw this coming in the off-season. He bet on a bunch of chumps to change from last season and that obviously hasn’t happened.
I bet some of those posters were excited during the spring training games when they were hitting.

They definitely needed to add a bat, that was a failure. But to bet on Guerrero, Bichette and Springer to be good MLB players isn’t really stupid. The fact that all 3 have seen their power all but disappear is a huge concern.

At the least, they need to overhaul the hitting coaches and Mattingly (whatever he does)

The positive is that we are getting at a look at some of the younger guys. That’s really all that’s left for this season, as I don’t think they are turning this ship around

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I bet some of those posters were excited during the spring training games when they were hitting.

They definitely needed to add a bat, that was a failure. But to bet on Guerrero, Bichette and Springer to be good MLB players isn’t really stupid. The fact that all 3 have seen their power all but disappear is a huge concern.

At the least, they need to overhaul the hitting coaches and Mattingly (whatever he does)

The positive is that we are getting at a look at some of the younger guys. That’s really all that’s left for this season, as I don’t think they are turning this ship around
I have no problem with Atkins betting on Vladdy and Bichette. I have a huge problem with him betting on the likes of Springer, Kirk, Kiermaier, and Biggio. Like you said, it would have been nice to add even one proven bat. 39 year old Turner or Vogelbach were never going to work, I don't care how excited people were in preseason or the first month.

I agree that no one could have predicted that Springer would be on pace for his worst home run hitting season, worst RBI season of his career, worst batting average, worst on-base percentage, worst OPS, worst WAR and worst slugging numbers. But everyone did know that he was going to be 35 yrs old this season and that 2023 was generally a poor year for him. He had that record run of 35 consecutive hitless innings in late July.

Kirk had an offensive regression that began last year and it was a massive gamble that he would return to previous form. People blamed it on the fact he had a kid and came into camp out of shape. He's still out of shape and his current offensive stats are abysmal. Kiermaier was never going to match his 2023 stats because his career stats proved this was an outlier. Once again, he is 34 yrs old. Couple that with the addition of 39 yr old Turner and you have to wonder, wtf was Atkins thinking.

You're right, we're going to get a look at some young players but my question is why did they wait so long? Once again, Atkins and Schneider believed there would be turnarounds in Springer, Kirk et al. For this miscalculation, Atkins should be fired if not now, for sure at the end of the season.

Last edited:

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I have no problem with Atkins betting on Vladdy and Bichette. I have a huge problem with him betting on the likes of Springer, Kirk, Kiermaier, and Biggio. Like you said, it would have been nice to add even one proven bat. 39 year old Turner or Vogelbach were never going to work, I don't care how excited people were in preseason or the first month.

I agree that no one could have predicted that Springer would be on pace for his worst home run hitting season, worst RBI season of his career, worst RBI season, worst batting average, worst on-base percentage, worst OPS, worst WAR and worst slugging numbers. But everyone did know that he was going to be 35 yrs old this season and that 2023 was generally a poor year for him. He had that record run of 35 consecutive hitless innings in late July.

Kirk had an offensive regression that began last year and it was a massive gamble that he would return to previous form. People blamed it on the fact he had a kid and came into camp out of shape. He's still out of shape and his current offensive stats are abysmal. Kiermaier was never going to match his 2023 stats because his career stats proved this was an outlier. Once again, he is 34 yrs old. Couple that with the addition of 39 yr old Turner and you have to wonder, wtf was Atkins thinking.

You're right, we're going to get a look at some young players but my question is why did they wait so long? Once again, Atkins and Schneider believed there would be turnarounds in Springer, Kirk et al. For this miscalculation, Atkins should be fired if not now, for sure at the end of the season.
I posted a tweet about a week ago but basically, if Atkins had the best offseason possible, outside of Ohtani, the Jays would still be struggling. Atkins should be fired for a poor offseason and also he hasn't changed the hitting coaches. He doubled down on the team and they got worse. Also, the draft record has been bad for the most part.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Interesting thing, I googled this Rejun 50 medication, and it's prescribed for the female fertility patient, not the male would be father.

So not sure what the deal is with him taking it. Something don't smell right.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I think at this point it's karma. It started with everyone hyping the plane ride of Shohei.

That’s where the season tanked I felt, all the Shohei hype went to the toilet with that stupid plane watch. Social media, news outlets were covering that which was honestly embarrassing. It was Kawhi watch all over again.

Reactions: stealth1

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
That’s where the season tanked I felt, all the Shohei hype went to the toilet with that stupid plane watch. Social media, news outlets were covering that which was honestly embarrassing. It was Kawhi watch all over again.
At that time there were still lots of free agents available. Cause they waited so long they ended up with Turner.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I think at this point it's karma. It started with everyone hyping the plane ride of Shohei.
Well I can't fault the team for trying to sign him. The idiots who found the plane tracking and the whole social media is to blame for blowin it up, and Morosi.

But at that stage they must have known he wasnt signing here, they could have said something.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Davis starts to struggle he doesn't play as much and hits lower in the order while Springer has played shit all year and continues to play and hits in the middle of the order.

The double standard with the rookies and vets is the biggest annoyance this season.
Agreed. It definitely doesn't suggest winning is their first priority, and that's messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad