Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v5 | Wed, Aug 7 | vs Bal | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Kremer vs Gausman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Bassitt
Kikuchi
Jansen

What are they worth ar the trade deadline.
Heard on overdrive that the Jay's are open to trading longterm contracts.

Gausman?
Have to be blown away to trade those under team control.

Try and drive up the price on those out of contract.

Reactions: canucksfan

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Bo comes up lame running to 1st.... back to the IL buddy, you aint hitting shit anyway.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Springer 2 run dinger Jays are within 1 at 5-4 Tigers in the 8th.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Jays can really dictate the trade market here. There won't be many good players available otherwise, unless Texas decides to sell
They need to get good pieces for Kikuchi, Jansen, and Garcia. Richards I don't think will be as highly coveted but they should get decent value for him.

KK and Turner won't get much back for them.

If a team is willing to overpay for Bassitt or Gausman they should do that as well.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
They need to get good pieces for Kikuchi, Jansen, and Garcia. Richards I don't think will be as highly coveted but they should get decent value for him.

KK and Turner won't get much back for them.

If a team is willing to overpay for Bassitt or Gausman they should do that as well.
Even with a very good return can they really afford to trade one of Bassitt or Gausman? I guess they could look at trading Basset, with just one more year of control, but unless the return is insane, and I don't expect it to be, I have a sense that any chance they have of a rebound next year will come from their starting pitching as a foundation. If they weaken the starters too much they pretty much are starting over. In that case, they may as well move Bo and Vladdy.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Even with a very good return can they really afford to trade one of Bassitt or Gausman? I guess they could look at trading Basset, with just one more year of control, but unless the return is insane, and I don't expect it to be, I have a sense that any chance they have of a rebound next year will come from their starting pitching as a foundation. If they weaken the starters too much they pretty much are starting over. In that case, they may as well move Bo and Vladdy.
The return would have to be an overpay. However, I really don't think the team can compete next year. Too many holes and not enough young players to replace them. They will try and that's why they will keep Bassitt and Gausman.

I wouldn't trade Bo because his value is likely crap. Vladdy needs to be signed. He wants to be here while I don't think Bo does.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
The return would have to be an overpay. However, I really don't think the team can compete next year. Too many holes and not enough young players to replace them. They will try and that's why they will keep Bassitt and Gausman.

I wouldn't trade Bo because his value is likely crap. Vladdy needs to be signed. He wants to be here while I don't think Bo does.
I don't see them contending next year either but with some luck they could be in the picture for a wild card if they keep their control guys from this year and if they have both a lot of luck and a very good off season. Luck is a bounce back for guys like Manoah and Bo, a healthy Romano plus some growth significant in players like Schneider, Horowitz, Clement, Rodriguez and Barger.

I also think it is the wrong time to move Bo. And I hope they keep Vladdy. I just don't think they would get enough for Bassitt to make that deal and I think keeping Gausman is the right thing to do.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Kikuchi loads the bases in the 6th, Richards gives up the granny.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I honestly can't believe some of you guys are still watching this dumpster fire of a season.
Sitting in the back yard having a few pops and have the game on the iPad... not putting my whole attention to it...

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
Tigers broadcaster: Listen to these fans, all it takes is a couple of hits to turn them around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad