Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v5 | Wed, Aug 7 | vs Bal | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Kremer vs Gausman

Status
Not open for further replies.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Kikuchi and Trevor Richards ERA back to where they should be. Totally overachieved first part of the season.

How is the management still have their jobs is beyond me
Given how nothing's changed, I guess it's status quo rest of season. I was thinking they'd fire coach by the all star break so the team can at least have a new coach rest of season and hopefully it'll gel into next season.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Wouldn't one have to be drunk to wake up every day, go to the ballpark and say " you know what? Turner at cleanup,., today and everyday.."

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Springer’s hot streak is unreal.
Yeah, he absolutely looked done for half a season, and then suddenly he has a 209 wRC+ his last 20 games (before today).

There were signs that he still had something left (the BB and K rates remained as good as ever, and the baserunning and defense have been fantastic, so the athleticism is still there), but I never would have guessed he has this kind of extended streak in him.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Yeah, he absolutely looked done for half a season, and then suddenly he has a 209 wRC+ his last 20 games (before today).

There were signs that he still had something left (the BB and K rates remained as good as ever, and the baserunning and defense have been fantastic, so the athleticism is still there), but I never would have guessed he has this kind of extended streak in him.
His decline started when Mattingly arrived. He’s talking to Hague frequently now. We will never know but would be great to find out what happened behind the scenes. Did Mattingly’s advice hurt him or was he in decline and Mattingly couldn’t help him?

Reactions: Discoverer and MS

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
My dad had the game on and I walked by to see that Varsho catch.

I have been a harsh critic of him. But I gotta give him credit. That was one hell of a catch.

It's pretty cool having 2 of the best defensive outfielders in baseball, even if not much else is going right.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
"Yay Springer is playing like a MLB player again"

Such low expectations from a franchise. Springer is a washed up, injury prone cheater. I hope he gets traded, along with every other player on this joke of a team.

• Love
Reactions: the valiant effort

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
"Yay Springer is playing like a MLB player again"

Such low expectations from a franchise. Springer is a washed up, injury prone cheater. I hope he gets traded, along with every other player on this joke of a team.
You have to be a special level of miserable to complain about a player dominating the league for the last month.

This isn't "low expectations for a franchise"... this is enjoying things that are going well during a miserable season.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
As much as I think Varsho is garbage at the plate and hated the trade……. These catches are incredible. Nobody can make those but him.

What’s with Springer? Went from the worst mlb player in the league to arguably the best over the past month. Something changed

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
As much as I think Varsho is garbage at the plate and hated the trade……. These catches are incredible. Nobody can make those but him.

What’s with Springer? Went from the worst mlb player in the league to arguably the best over the past month. Something changed
I think he visited T-town with Frank Thomas and Doug Flutie

• Haha
Reactions: mikeyz

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca

He made a change to his batting stance in late June which started the hot streak he's currently on.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022

He made a change to his batting stance in late June which started the hot streak he's currently on.

Looks like all they did was lower his hands so he’s quicker to the ball. He whiffed a lot on middle middle fastballs for a good chunk of the season. Looking at those pictures, his hands are lower which is allowing him to get through the hitting zone quicker.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Looks like all they did was lower his hands so he’s quicker to the ball. He whiffed a lot on middle middle fastballs for a good chunk of the season. Looking at those pictures, his hands are lower which is allowing him to get through the hitting zone quicker.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Madison Shipman, what brings her up here doing Blue Jays games? She is American and has no prior connection to Toronto whatsoever. She was an analyst on ESPN and MLB Network. I thought she was Canadian, before looking her up just now. It kinda blew me away she is from Tennessee.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That was such a depressing outing from Pearson.

Team scores 2 runs to get back into the game, he gets put in an important spot ... and just didn't look ready to pitch. Walks the #9 hitter, then forgets to cover 1st on a ground ball to Guerrero.

Guy is about to turn 28 and might have a million dollar arm but just seems to have a 10 cent brain and mentality and it's hard to imagine him ever figuring it out at this point.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You don't trade Skubal, do you? Detroit is not that far away from contention in the AL Central. It would really annoy me if Baltimore or NYY trade for Skubal. Come on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad