GDT: 2024 Training/Rookie Camp/Preseason Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Boqvist still/already the scapegoat of Panthers fans, without even playing a real game for the team… ?

Yes, I guess we’re gonna repeat 100%.

I've already said that he probably will get the entire regular season to iron out his game defensively. He doesn't need to be a stud, just adequate. But I will keep calling him out if he keeps making brutal mistakes defensively. I have PTSD from Matheson and Yandle, can't help it. Sorry lol.

So bad that Lucas Carlsson is somehow ahead of him on the depth chart.

Well maybe not that bad :laugh: But yeah, he has shown nothing. I'm much more impressed with Uvis.

Bjornfot is a goner.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I've already said that he probably will get the entire regular season to iron out his game defensively. He doesn't need to be a stud, just adequate. But I will keep calling him out if he keeps making brutal mistakes defensively. I have PTSD from Matheson and Yandle, can't help it. Sorry lol.

Well maybe not that bad :laugh: But yeah, he has shown nothing. I'm much more impressed with Uvis.

Bjornfot is a goner.

Yandle I hate with a passion, but Matheson I didn't mind as much, guy just got paid too much too early and was put into an unsuitable role. If it wasn't for his stupid contract and forcing him up the depth chart early, he could still be here.

A. Boqvist, I think he'll get the year to work it out. We'd be dumb not to let it play out. He's not perfect, but still has potential to be our missing PP QB while maybe being an adequate mid-pair guy and its not like we have a lot of much better alternatives. Don't find this kind of potential upside growing on trees and he'll be an RFA afterwards. Its like a free lottery ticket, you just need to wait to see what you win and there's no downside.

Reactions: MaWa

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Yandle I hate with a passion, but Matheson I didn't mind as much, guy just got paid too much too early and was put into an unsuitable role. If it wasn't for his stupid contract and forcing him up the depth chart early, he could still be here.

A. Boqvist, I think he'll get the year to work it out. We'd be dumb not to let it play out. He's not perfect, but still has potential to be our missing PP QB while maybe being an adequate mid-pair guy and its not like we have a lot of much better alternatives. Don't find this kind of potential upside growing on trees and he'll be an RFA afterwards. Its like a free lottery ticket, you just need to wait to see what you win and there's no downside.

Yeah the deal was stupid with Matheson and the expectations were too high too early, a Dale Tallon special. I just remember him being a liability game after game, like clockwork. Yandle was a wuss who had no problems giving up the puck if could avoid a hit.

Boqvist will get his chance for sure. If he can't crack it in this system then I don't think he will do it anywhere else either.

round 1 vs toronto
Reinhart gets tripped no call, they tie it up.
Boqvist turns it over in overtime to tavares who scores the ot winner

This scenario can't be true since it's goes against the laws of physics. Toronto never gets past round one.

Reactions: MaWa and pantherbot

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Yeah the deal was stupid with Matheson and the expectations were too high too early, a Dale Tallon special. I just remember him being a liability game after game, like clockwork. Yandle was a wuss who had no problems giving up the puck if could avoid a hit.

Boqvist will get his chance for sure. If he can't crack it in this system then I don't think he will do it anywhere else either.

This scenario can't be true since it's goes against the laws of physics. Toronto never gets past round one.
always funny the one time they did it was vs tampa

Reactions: TotalHomer

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
How was Tobias Bjornfot ?
He's going to be legendary in my opinion

612lJEkWQHS.jpg

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Here’s my who gives a s*** nitpick: didn’t think we needed to pull Knight so early. We had some pressure the shift before and maybe let another line try to tie it before pulling.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

Forsling mentally obliterated the Bruins into bad math as well lmao
I may be in the minority but I think it was a brilliant comment by Neely. The Bruins had been getting speculative press that they’re cheap, as opposed to Sway getting slammed for asking too much.

Neely didn’t want to spell out “we offered 8x7.8” but he got that point across close enough with the 64 comment. That’s not cheap on an unproven #1 goalie. That’s taking a risk and being generous. Focusing on any 200k difference is ridiculous IMO.

Now the ball is in Sway’s (and his agent’s) court. Will he be a primadonna or take a good deal while he has it? Or will he now take a bridge at 8x4? We’ll see. $9M+ for him is too much IMO.

Reactions: pantherbot

MarginNotes

Jan 8, 2007
Gothenburg
Haven't been following the pre-season cuz' life. You know the drill.

What's happening? Barkov injuried for the remainder of his career? Bob have forgotten how to save pucks? Sam R just thinking about his money and not trying to hockey? Matthew still drunk?

Update me, pleaaaaaaaase!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I may be in the minority but I think it was a brilliant comment by Neely. The Bruins had been getting speculative press that they’re cheap, as opposed to Sway getting slammed for asking too much.

Neely didn’t want to spell out “we offered 8x7.8” but he got that point across close enough with the 64 comment. That’s not cheap on an unproven #1 goalie. That’s taking a risk and being generous. Focusing on any 200k difference is ridiculous IMO.

Now the ball is in Sway’s (and his agent’s) court. Will he be a primadonna or take a good deal while he has it? Or will he now take a bridge at 8x4? We’ll see. $9M+ for him is too much IMO.
Brilliant went out the window when they traded Ullmark before getting a contract signed lmao

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

I think the general handling of contracts and other stuff has been handled poorly by the B's, but agree that Neely needed to make this comment because of rumours that they were being cheap. The Spittin Chiclets idiots were saying they offered like $6M and didn't answer Swayman's calls for three weeks which...makes no sense, so Neely was kinda forced to say something.

Reactions: KW

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Haven't been following the pre-season cuz' life. You know the drill.

What's happening? Barkov injuried for the remainder of his career? Bob have forgotten how to save pucks? Sam R just thinking about his money and not trying to hockey? Matthew still drunk?

Update me, pleaaaaaaaase!

1727808067824.gif

Reactions: MarginNotes

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Brilliant went out the window when they traded Ullmark before getting a contract signed lmao
Yeah Sway played them like Yandle. That’s why Neely isn’t exactly in a good mood … it isn’t always just management that plays dirty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad