2024 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Boston would sooner let Swayman go for nothing than trade him for Elvis. And for me personally I'd rather release Swayman for nothing than sign him to that deal.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Boston would sooner let Swayman go for nothing than trade him for Elvis. And for me personally I'd rather release Swayman for nothing than sign him to that deal.
My response was a little tongue-in-cheek. But, I'm not sure Swayman and Bruins management can mend bridges and there's not many teams where a goalie trade involving that expected contract is feasible.

AnonCommentary

Jun 4, 2024
#CBJ have been informed by NHL/NHLPA today that they won’t need to be compliant with the agreed upon salary cap floor by Oct. 7, when NHL rosters set for the 2024-25 season.

It is a thread but the key details:

Columbus made a $2M signing bonus to Johnny Gaudreau in July, as per his contract. That money will be included in their salary cap figure.

The league is waiving the Oct. 7 deadline to reach the floor of $65M, with the expectation they’ll get there in a “reasonable time.”

Columbus are now projected to be roughly $1.4M under the cap floor of $65M. That can easily be achieved given Waddell’s desire to add a veteran NHL forward via trade or the waiver wire.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The league is waiving the Oct. 7 deadline to reach the floor of $65M, with the expectation they’ll get there in a “reasonable time.”
This means you can do it right now but you need to make legit efforts to do so and cannot sit below all season unless absolutely necessary.

I'm sure part of the presentation and requests to do so also includes what resaonable efforts have been made up to this point. I've contended since the beginning this team needed to do whatever they could to meet the minimum and just couldn't sit back assuming an exception would be granted.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
The most sensible decision. I wonder if there's a proper deadline given behind the scenes, or a soft waiver for the whole season as long as nobody complains or so. Can't really see the harm here given the circumstances and it being a non-replicable situation for most teams.

Edit: To put it simply, I'm of the opinion we probably wouldn't need to do anything from this point forward. Given Waddell's thinking it won't come to that so it'll be moot, but I doubt there's much "effort" that the league would actually require.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad