2024 Training Camp Thread (Update 10/07: Roster Set)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
How has Klapka looked?? I see he made the roster… do u guys figure he will stick all season??
Klapka has been good. Whether he stays depends on how well he plays. Sharangovich is currently on IR but when he returns I suspect one of Coronato, Honzek, or Klapka will be sent down to the AHL as they are all waivers exempt.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Klapka has been good. Whether he stays depends on how well he plays. Sharangovich is currently on IR but when he returns I suspect one of Coronato, Honzek, or Klapka will be sent down to the AHL as they are all waivers exempt.
That’s awesome for Klapka… I love when these massive beasts around the league come in and play physical and stay in lineups

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Coronato, Honzek, or Klapka will be sent down to the AHL as they are all waivers exempt.
Realistically, I think Klapka is kind of safe from that, given it's the 4th line role which isn't something you want Honzo or Coronato to do for longer term

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Realistically, I think Klapka is kind of safe from that, given it's the 4th line role which isn't something you want Honzo or Coronato to do for longer term
Traditionally teams go with a 4th line grinder/energy role but is it really necessary on a rebuilding team? Can we not have all lines getting equal 5v5 time because you're playing talent on the 4th line too? Does it really matter that they are younger players who will make mistakes? Its not like we are competing for a playoff spot and every loss matters.
Honzek-Zary- Klapka/Coronato

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Can we not have all lines getting equal 5v5 time because you're playing talent on the 4th line too?
Honzek-Zary- Klapka/Coronato
I mean sure you could. But do you really want a Honzek=Zary-Klapka/Coronato line matching up against the Barkov line, the McDavid line, the Matthews line? Unless the entire league starts playing their fourth lines more, you're not going to get too much variance on the all lines equal 5v5 ice time because you're also matching lines. Not many 4th lines I'd regularly put up against first or even second lines from other teams.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I mean sure you could. But do you really want a Honzek=Zary-Klapka/Coronato line matching up against the Barkov line, the McDavid line, the Matthews line? Unless the entire league starts playing their fourth lines more, you're not going to get too much variance on the all lines equal 5v5 ice time because you're also matching lines. Not many 4th lines I'd regularly put up against first or even second lines from other teams.
Well... they always say that if you want to get better you need to play against someone better than you. I don't care if they lose those matchups and because of that we lose games... as long as our young players are learning.

Ledge And Dairy

Gilbert, Mackey, and Desimone all played 1 combined game for the Flames? Why try to include their names? Our LD that season was Kylington, Hanifin, and Zadorov, two 24 years olds and a 26 year old, while Valimaki was 23. We legitimately had no room for him.
No, we lost Valimaki to waivers on October 8th 2022. Kylington didn't play a single game in the 22/23 season. In fact he didn't even show up to camp. Gilbert, Mackey, and DeSimone played a combined 37 games that season, Stecher (deadline acquisition) played 20 games, and Stone played 48.

Edit* saw the other replies after I hit post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad