2024 Training Camp Roster & Schedule

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I just heard Lalonde was saying he's going to try Seider and Simon together. I hope he will be patient with mistakes Edvinsson has. They should of let him play more games last season

Yeah, that's not a problem. But they will never play 30minutes in a game without an overtime playoff game.

25min should be the Seider regular, he is able for that, thanks to his endurance levels from bicycling times.

19min ES + 3min PK + 3min PK

Edvinsson will fall to 22min, having same 19min ES-mins + 3min PK.

No power-play, because guys like Pellikka and Gustafsson are there.

So it will be
1. Seider 25min
2. Edvinsson 22min
-----------
3. 19min
4. 18min
-----------
5. 16min
6. 15min

That's how it goes, whoever the rest will be.

Reactions: lilidk and 13to40

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Then it wouldn't help the team at all when they're not on the ice. And Seider would still be on the ice in all the toughest situations. If Edvinsson can handle some of the tough shifts with a non-Seider partner, then Seider will benefit from some easier ice-time overall, including PP1 time hopefully.
There are pros-and-cons to each approach, similar to spreading out offensive firepower or stacking it.

In the near-term I'm not so sure Edvinsson is ready to carry a pairing to the level where it can draw significant pressure away from Seider. That's more of a long-term hope imo.

2-3 years from now I envision Edvinsson being the defensive stalwart to shelter Pellikka next to.

Reactions: Henkka

Geezer WC

Standing room
Jan 29, 2022
Yeah, that's not a problem. But they will never play 30minutes in a game without an overtime playoff game.

25min should be the Seider regular, he is able for that, thanks to his endurance levels from bicycling times.

19min ES + 3min PK + 3min PK

Edvinsson will fall to 22min, having same 19min ES-mins + 3min PK.

No power-play, because guys like Pellikka and Gustafsson are there.

So it will be
1. Seider 25min
2. Edvinsson 22min
-----------
3. 19min
4. 18min
-----------
5. 16min
6. 15min

That's how it goes, whoever the rest will be.

Never say never. Makar has played over 30 minutes in a regular season game(s).

Reactions: heyfolks

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Never say never. Makar has played over 30 minutes in a regular season game(s).

Yeah, but single occasions are not the truth. Nobody does that regularly. It's only at some rare cases, like 1 defenceman will get injured and they overload the best guy once. Then at next game there's already a replacement.

TOI average for season is the better number to look, and John Carlson had highest TOI at last season with 25:54min. Makar had 9th highest with 24:46min.

Geezer WC

Standing room
Jan 29, 2022
Yeah, but single occasions are not the truth. Nobody does that regularly. It's only at some rare cases, like 1 defenceman will get injured and they overload the best guy once. Then at next game there's already a replacement.

TOI average for season is the better number to look, and John Carlson had highest TOI at last season with 25:54min. Makar had 9th highest with 24:46min.

Hmm. Scolded by @Henkka for using small sample size. You never know what the day will bring..

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
That's pretty much it.

At training camp pairings he is with Määttä.

So:
Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Petry
Määttä - Gustafsson
(Johansson - Holl)

Is no one else concerned about Chiarot as Seider's partner?! This was not a good pairing in the past.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Is no one else concerned about Chiarot as Seider's partner?! This was not a good pairing in the past.
It was not good at 2022-23 season, but it was very much better at last season.

And it will be better every year, because Seider will raise his level every year towards a dominant force.

PP-units at Red and White game:

Team Red:
(bumper) Raymond
DeBrincat - Larkin - Kane
(point) Gustafsson

(bumper) Chiasson
Danielson - Copp - Kasper
(point) Tuomisto

(bumper) Rasmussen
MBN - Danielson - Kasper
(point) Tuomisto

Team White:

(bumper) Compher
Berggren - Veleno - Tarasenko
(point) Edvinsson

(bumper) Mazur
Snively - Dries - Söderblom
(point) Petry

PK-units at Red and White game:

Team Red:
Rasmussen - Copp
Chiarot - Holl

Kasper - Danielson
Määttä - Gustafsson

Team White:
Motte - Compher
Edvinsson - Petry

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

It's looking like
Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Petry

So instead of 1 good 1st pairing and 1 bad second pairing we're getting a below average 1st AND 2nd pairing.

This season's gonna be rough.

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Personally, I think the vast majority of Chiarot's improved play last year was brought about by having a much easier role. Others believe in him, but I think even the Chiarot fans are a little concerned.

Personally I'm not concerned about it. Grass will grow. The sun will rise. Bacon will taste delicious and Chiarot will play poorly. Why should I devote my concern to the inevitable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad