Would you take Shesterkin over Vasilevskiy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would you take Shesterkin over Vasilevskiy if you were building a new team today?

• Yes easily

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Yes but I'd have to think twice first

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • No but I would consider it

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • No chance

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted option 2. Out of respect for Vasi - but probably could have said option 1.

But it's all about age/where they're at in their careers.

For overall career I definitely still favor Vasi. It's not impossible he gets passed - but it'll be a very high target for Shesterkin

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Vasi aint done, wishful thinking and classic HF boards not understanding injuries actually effect performance and players dont get better over night.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Vasi aint done, wishful thinking and classic HF boards not understanding injuries actually effect performance and players dont get better over night.

It's been 3 years in a row though where he's not been as good. He's not bad - but he doesn't look like the best or even top ~3-5 in league lately.

I'm all for giving players a long leash or a grace period, but 3 seasons and playoffs in a row now where he's done worst than expected.

He could still bounce back - but Shesterkin is definitely a safer bet moving forward as of today.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's been 3 years in a row though where he's not been as good. He's not bad - but he doesn't look like the best or even top ~3-5 in league lately.

I'm all for giving players a long leash or a grace period, but 3 seasons and playoffs in a row now where he's done worst than expected.

He could still bounce back - but Shesterkin is definitely a safer bet moving forward as of today.
He looked really good at the end of the year and in the playoffs. They got shelled last year by Florida and he kept them in it. I think after a full summer he is going to be back to his normal self. He had played a crazy amount of hockey.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He looked really good at the end of the year and in the playoffs. They got shelled last year by Florida and he kept them in it. I think after a full summer he is going to be back to his normal self. He had played a crazy amount of hockey.

You might be right. For what it's worth I was giving him benefit of the doubt 2 years ago, and again last year. I just think after 3 years in a row now of being a bit less good than prior - it makes sense to slot Shesterkin above him.

Would like to see Vasi bounce back to top form though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad