The defense is 1 piece away from being set.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Rose colored glasses? FAR from it, I just don't see the point in being critical about games that are completely worthless.

At least save it for October 9th when the games count.
Who’s being critical? Can’t comment on the game? I thought that hockey forums exist for that very reason……..

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
You're correct Leafs are lacking a true #1 Dman.

However that solution was to either draft one instead of drafting wingers, and when the Leafs signed Tavares it should have resulted in Marner or Nylander being traded for a #1/top pairing Dman.

Instead of signing Tavares the Leafs should have waited and used that $$ on local Ontario born Alex Pietrangelo a UFA, who has now lead 2 teams STL and Vegas to Stanley Cups since Leafs signed Taveras.

View attachment 908387 View attachment 908388

Alex Pietrangelo on the Cup winning ST. Louis Blues & Vegas Golden Knights
they could have had both ...and should have signed him.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
you must be brand new here. NOBODY was more critical of them than me last season.

But that opinion was not based on the first pre season game of the year.

When It's time to be critical I assure you I'll be leading the charge.

September 23rd 2024 isn't the time.
When I see the same patterns as usual, it definitely triggers something in me, and last nights game was the same. If its another year of the same old same old, my interest will plummet even further so I was really hoping Id see something different. Ill give Berube a chance to put his stamp on the team but its not him Im worried about.

Reactions: ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
you must be brand new here. NOBODY was more critical of them than me last season.

But that opinion was not based on the first pre season game of the year.

When It's time to be critical I assure you I'll be leading the charge.

September 23rd 2024 isn't the time.
My concern about last night was on the individual level not structure.

They were slow.
The looked opposite of mobile.
Structure will help cover up this deficiency but they aren't good enough or perhaps I should say talented enough to completely cover that degree of deficiency.

Perhaps the opposition were just superior skaters?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
When I see the same patterns as usual, it definitely triggers something in me, and last nights game was the same. If its another year of the same old same old, my interest will plummet even further so I was really hoping Id see something different. Ill give Berube a chance to put his stamp on the team but its not him Im worried about.
we’ve all seen this oh so many times, hard not to comment as such……..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad