NFL: 2024 Training Camp and Preseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Losing Eric Bienemy was no big deal, he went to Washington and became ass. Now he’s back on the college level.
Any HC who calls their offence, like Reid, McVay, Shanahan, Payton, Stefanski, etc. losing their OC isn't a big deal. Hurts for the Defensive guys or non play callers like McDermott losing Dabo to NYG, Sirianni losing Steichen to Indy.

Which is why I get why teams who have young QBs prefer offensive HC as they can keep that continuity through the kid's rookie contract. No guarantee that Waldron, Kingsbury will be around for Williams/Daniels for example.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Any HC who calls their offence, like Reid, McVay, Shanahan, Payton, Stefanski, etc. losing their OC isn't a big deal. Hurts for the Defensive guys or non play callers like McDermott losing Dabo to NYG, Sirianni losing Steichen to Indy.

Which is why I get why teams who have young QBs prefer offensive HC as they can keep that continuity through the kid's rookie contract. No guarantee that Waldron, Kingsbury will be around for Williams/Daniels for example.

The "Why can't Eric Bienemy can't find a head coaching job" stance looks true years later. The biggest outlier was if he can run an offence outside of the Chiefs. He made the Commanders offence horrible.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
As long as they have Reid as HC and playcaller, I think they will continue to invest in the OL over weapons. That SB loss haunts them with the OT they lost in the Buffalo AFC champ game and were playing with backups against a top D front. Though, I do wonder what happens to their offence when either Kelce's play drops as he ages or if he were to decide to retire in the near future.

And they have Spags as DC to continue to coach up players.
I think Kelce is done after next year when his contract is up. He’ll be 36 and seems to already be lining up life after football. I’d bet he’s kept on a pitch count this year and next so he’s fresh for the postseason.

I suspect if neither Rice nor Worthy really pop in the interim they could be a team that trades for a young star WR that’s agitating for more money, similar to what the Eagles did with AJ Brown or what Pittsburgh tried/is trying to do with Aiyuk. Last year showed the limits of what Mahomes can do when you have no one to consistently build a passing game around, and even at his age, Kelce still provides that at his best.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The "Why can't Eric Bienemy can't find a head coaching job" stance looks true years later. The biggest outlier was if he can run an offence outside of the Chiefs. He made the Commanders offence horrible.
Not having quarterbacks didn’t help him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kyle Trask has some good numbers.

Matt Millen looks like a completely different human being

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Kyle Trask has some good numbers.

Matt Millen looks like a completely different human being
Last year of his rookie contract. He's attempted just 10 passes in these 3 years. Honestly, it was a poor use of a late 2nd round pick. They got hit hard at OL and WR during his first season IIRC. Could have used some depth in those spots as I think Trask was QB 3 as a rookie.

Millen, he had a heart transplant a few years ago.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
So the Browns aren't going to play Watson at all during this preseason. They'd been talking about playing him tonight but have scratched him

This is a guy who has played only 12 games over the past three seasons thanks to suspensions and injuries. Even when Watson does play, he's looked rusty and uncertain. He needs reps.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Previous post did not age well

Can’t have 3 picks against jobbers

At this point there is no reason to keep him

Cooper Rush in his limited action in NFL has looked the part of an NFL QB and would be safer option for Cowboys to have at #2

And if Prescott got injured in future the Cowboys can find better QB's then Lance sitting at home

It would also send a terrible message in locker-room IMO to cut well liked capable veteran backup QB to keep a guy who cant play but still is living off being drafted 3rd overall

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How about a walk-off 5th?

One for the thumb.

Cooper Rush in his limited action in NFL has looked the part of an NFL QB and would be safer option for Cowboys to have at #2

And if Prescott got injured in future the Cowboys can find better QB's then Lance sitting at home

It would also send a terrible message in locker-room IMO to cut veteran backup QB to keep a guy who cant play but still is living off being drafted 3rd overall
They’ve given him a lot of game reps, and all this stuff is on tape. It’s been a calendar year, you either think he can play or you don’t.

• Haha
Reactions: Romang67

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

It would also send a terrible message in locker-room IMO to cut well liked capable veteran backup QB to keep a guy who cant play but still is living off being drafted 3rd overall
Jerry has already said Lance is making the roster.

You have to remember Jerry is the one who eagerly traded for Lance by giving a 4th rounder when no one else was offering that much. Cutting Lance would be admitting Jerry made a bad decision, so Lance will be on the roster taking up space as the 3rd QB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad