Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, I know. It’s just that when you see a player of that reputation change clubs from a BVB to a Monaco it doesn’t inspire confidence. I’m just annoyed because my U21 strikers are Brunner and Roque and I got them both for nothing and now both are off the ideal projected path.

Yeah it’s certainly not ideal, but as you mentioned previously, Brunner doesn’t seem to be the easiest kid to work with, so I dunno if he’s in it to make the most of his talent or for the lifestyle.

…plus with goal scorers I’m less bothered by them taking alternate routes to PT than I am with creatives or midfielders.

Reactions: les Habs

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Hey Chelsea fans, I know the situation is more than absurd buuuuut I'd much rather have Felix than Samu
Felix offered zero off the ball and was woeful finishing attacks during his time at Chelsea.

Like this is a known quantity and doesn’t fill a need. And we’re getting him at the cost of a useful player where we signed a player in his position to force him out. It’s just dumb.

At least with Omorodion, it filled a position of need. And the raw jackson experiment worked.

Even if the end result of this is Felix & Osimhen in on low wages with Sterling now departing.. it’s still just awful process and we fumbled into it.

I don’t know. We’ll see where it goes.

Mixed reporting on if it was contract or medical but the guy who broke the news is saying it had to do with image rights:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Felix offered zero off the ball and was woeful finishing attacks during his time at Chelsea.

Like this is a known quantity and doesn’t fill a need. And we’re getting him at the cost of a useful player where we signed a player in his position to force him out. It’s just dumb.

At least with Omorodion, it filled a position of need. And the raw jackson experiment worked.
You'll get no argument from me, Felix made me pull my hair out with the sitters he missed for Barcelona, but he's a creative player, not a number 9. Samu all he does well is finish, he offers zero off the ball too, his interplay was woeful for Alaves, and Jackson was a good player in La Liga before he left, even though he did better for you guys than I expected him to.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Also sounds like Felix will take a significant wage cut. I'll be able to get on board, but need to see the final squad before I do.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You'll get no argument from me, Felix made me pull my hair out with the sitters he missed for Barcelona, but he's a creative player, not a number 9. Samu all he does well is finish, he offers zero off the ball too, his interplay was woeful for Alaves, and Jackson was a good player in La Liga before he left, even though he did better for you guys than I expected him to.
Felix is only being discussed for economic reasons. They aren’t getting him because they think he is a tactical solution. They need someone else in the deal for Atletico to balance their books. Chelsea don’t care about getting Felix.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's more to get around loan restrictions than buying him back at a lower price. That clause is probably never activated.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hlozek to Leicester

Moukoko could be stuck on the bench with BVB being pissed at his agents and holding firm to their demands in negotiations.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
TSG reportedly has both Solet & Bella Kotchap in for medicals. With Kabak & Nsoki injured for a long time and Szalai on his way out, their only healthy CBs that weren't converted midfielders left would've been Akpoguma and 19yo Timo Becker.

Nurnberg is signing Oliver Villadsen

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
FB_IMG_1723482436569.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes