Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I'm not going to pretend to know enough to compare Arsenal and United's youth striker depth, but you just said there's space for him on United's u18 team when he was already starting for Arsenal's u18 team and getting minutes at u21.

This was just a 16 year old trying to get paid as much as possible. He's not the first and he won't be the last. No need to pretend it's anything more than that.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm not going to pretend to know enough to compare Arsenal and United's youth striker depth, but you just said there's space for him on United's u18 team when he was already starting for Arsenal's u18 team and getting minutes at u21.

This was just a 16 year old trying to get paid as much as possible. He's not the first and he won't be the last. No need to pretend it's anything more than that.
Like I said, the most talented older strikers United have are either going on loan or playing with the U-21 team. It's basically Wheatley that's ahead of him and he's more likely to play with the U-21s.

Edit: This guy played the key part:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Like I said, the most talented older strikers United have are either going on loan or playing with the U-21 team. It's basically Wheatley that's ahead of him and he's more likely to play with the U-21s.
Are you trying to convince me that he was sold by the "pathway" of going from Arsenal's u18 team to United's u18 team? Like Chido, if you pay me more money then I could be convinced of that.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Are you trying to convince me that he was sold by the "pathway" of going from Arsenal's u18 team to United's u18 team? Like Chido, if you pay me more money then I could be convinced of that.
When RUUUUUUUUUD comes talking to you, you listen.

Also, he moved to Arsenal from FC Köpenhamn two years ago, it's not like he's an Arsenal "product".

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He's got much less players on his position ahead of him. Hugill went on loan and Wheatley might be going too unless U-21 is good for his development now. U-18 team's got space.
United signed a striker each of the last two summers…meanwhile Arsenal will likely sell a 9 two summers in a row. He left because United put him in 30k/week which is an absurd wage for a 16 year old.

Reactions: luiginb

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Zirkzee doesn't really play as a striker though.

Also, HAVE YOU SEEN UNITED'S INJURY LISTS LAST FEW SEASONS?!
Then neither does Jesus, Havertz, or Trossard, so I guess the only person keeping him from being arsenal’s only senior striker would be a for sale Nketiah.

As for the injuries, I thought you claimed they were just bad luck last year when it came to questions of keeping ETH. Now it’s a systemic problem when it helps your argument. Interesting.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Then neither does Jesus, Havertz, or Trossard, so I guess the only person keeping him from being arsenal’s only senior striker would be a for sale Nketiah.

As for the injuries, I thought you claimed they were just bad luck last year when it came to questions of keeping ETH. Now it’s a systemic problem when it helps your argument. Interesting.
Let's be reality, can you blame the kid for not wanting to play for Arsenal when seeing their fans behave like this:

ty-aftv.gif

In case it wasn't clear, :D

Last edited:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Also, he moved to Arsenal from FC Köpenhamn two years ago, it's not like he's an Arsenal "product".
I mean I'm not heartbroken over the kid leaving. Like you said, he's been at Arsenal for all of 2 years, and I didn't claim he was a product of our academy.

Seems like he's talented, but clearly more interested in getting paid than choosing which club was the best project/path. That's fine though. I said it a few weeks ago - Arsenal doesn't have the best track record with retaining academy players, but they couldn't have done any better for this kid. Plenty of playing time and a meeting with Arteta about his future. But at some point you can't be held hostage by a 16 year old trying to secure the bag.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I think Arsenal was just fed up with his agent. Same agent did the same thing with Saka, Nketiah and Balogun where they purposely left it late to milk as much money from the club to resign.

This time they just said f it and let him walk. Keep in mind that Obi said he was signing scholars just two months ago so this pathway excuse is just bs.

Oh well he wasn't even their best prospect.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think Arsenal was just fed up with his agent. Same agent did the same thing with Saka, Nketiah and Balogun where they purposely left it late to milk as much money from the club to resign.

This time they just said f it and let him walk. Keep in mind that Obi said he was signing scholars just two months ago so this pathway excuse is just bs.

Oh well he wasn't even their best prospect.
Yeah, he might not even have been top 3. And he’s on wages that are 10x what ESR and Saka were on when they debuted.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
For all the talk about Chido picking money>path, I’m sure most people here would turn down moving to a new company and getting a raise(assuming everything is on the up and up). And allegedly he turned down more lucrative offers to join.

Not to say that money didn’t play its part I’m sure it did, but like… it’s soccer. Money is far and away the biggest driving factor now.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Arsenal is going after Leroy Sane, with many of those rumours due to his contract situation. One year left on his deal, but seems a bit too old for Arsenal's plans.

- Arteta said they bought Calafiori to increase the depth of the squad and mentioned that they were lucky that Saliba and Gabriel did not get injured last season. Great news there, I would consider it fortunate for last season as well and I am glad to see that Arteta saw that.

- Arsenal "supposedly" have agreed with Merino on personal terms.

- Sporting bought more funds from Coventry to reduce Gyokere's sell-on clause from 15% to 10%. This could potentially lower the fee for Victor.

- Arsenal is close to buying Dan Bentley.

What a weird picture to use for Fabrizio lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad