Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I was throwing you lot some shade because your club always comes after our targets. I actually do not know which teams tried to hijack it.

Agreed
I retract my confident no anyways given one of the chelsea itks i trust (the rob dude i frequently post) today said that chelsea bought veiga with an eye to the future unless he blows people away in preseason training. Assumption internally is that the jump from Basel to PL may be too abrupt and he’d need some seasoning.

So now I’d hedge it probably was us.

The only other interesting notes for me from that twitter live he did yesterday was that he specifically highlighted Disasi as one to watch & that he expects whichever one of Chilwell & Cucurella aren’t playing towards the end of the window may seek other options.

Wonder what City’s plan is here

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
Hopefully this doesn’t mean they come poach away Magic Mike from us, but he would be the best replacement for them. Is there anyone else that would come close to Maignan?

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Kubo overwhelms with his play but underwhelms with his final decisions, he's kinda the Japanese Darwin Nunez (but better tbf)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hopefully this doesn’t mean they come poach away Magic Mike from us, but he would be the best replacement for them. Is there anyone else that would come close to Maignan?
Especially considering his kicking quality.
City would upgrade a lot there.

Fofana I was OK with but he had a tremendous season. He might just have taken a huge step forward in his development. But to be sure he'd have to do it two season at least. But I think he's pretty much going to Milan at this point.

Vanderson I like a lot especially going forward. Won't come cheap.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Huh, I'd welcome City losing either of them, but if the de Bruyne thing is debunked now, then I'm a lot more sceptical they'll lose anyone of note

Pretty sure that's just a German thing, don't drag the rest of us into it :D
I think Ederson was always the more likely to leave, and even more so now that it’s confirmed there have been talks about it, while KDB leaving has been pure speculation since the start.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kubo overwhelms with his play but underwhelms with his final decisions, he's kinda the Japanese Darwin Nunez (but better tbf)
Yeah I mean they’d have to coach him up a bit but wouldn’t be expected to be day one starter either. Let’s worry about signing him first though

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wow out of left field...

PSG is trying to sign Sancho from United... !

Also PSG has told Napoli they won't go over 80M for Osimhen.

PSG also interested in Bruno Fernandes.

United still after Simons.

Reactions: Gecklund

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Wow out of left field...

PSG is trying to sign Sancho from United... !

Also PSG has told Napoli they won't go over 80M for Osimhen.

PSG also interested in Bruno Fernandes.

United still after Simons.
Honestly think Sancho would do quite well at PSG. Straight swap for Ugarte seems fair :sarcasm:

Reactions: Jussi

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't know the prices involved. So far the rumor is that PSG is close to a contract agreement with the player who is excited to come.
Luis Enrique likes him.

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
Especially considering his kicking quality.
City would upgrade a lot there.

Fofana I was OK with but he had a tremendous season. He might just have taken a huge step forward in his development. But to be sure he'd have to do it two season at least. But I think he's pretty much going to Milan at this point.

Vanderson I like a lot especially going forward. Won't come cheap.
Is Vanderson good enough defensively for a 4 at the back or best as wingback?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tanzi says United and PSG have a lot to talk and adds...
Ugarte and Simons on one side and Sancho and Bruno on the other side.
So the Bruno link is real.
Bruno fits exactly the offensive midfielder Enrique wants.

Also worth noting PSG turned down a 70M offer for Kang In Lee from an EPL team. I sure wouldn't have declined, but maybe they want to make sure they get Bruno first or maybe they think the EPL team in question will up the ante.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Tanzi says United and PSG have a lot to talk and adds...
Ugarte and Simons on one side and Sancho and Bruno on the other side.
So the Bruno link is real.
Bruno fits exactly the offensive midfielder Enrique wants.

Also worth noting PSG turned down a 70M offer for Kang In Lee from an EPL team. I sure wouldn't have declined, but maybe they want to make sure they get Bruno first or maybe they think the EPL team in question will up the ante.
God I would hate losing Bruno… Xavi is decent, but no way he would replace Bruno.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That’s like going from a Ferrari to a fiat.
Yeah… I could understand moving on from Bruno if there was an offer with a gigantic price tag and going after a younger player like a Wirtz or something(unlikely I know). But moving on for him for Simons would be just a horrible follow up to what’s been a decent start to the summer.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm fine with Kubo. Right age. Gives cover if Salah eventually moves on. This manager loves his wingers.

I'm late to the party on the TAA stuff, but I don't think it's a complicated process. "Hey Trent, do you want to stay here? Ok, here's your contract, you tell me how much you'd like that fits in our wage structure".

If he doesn't, fine, he can move on. But he's a local kid who wants to captain the club one day. Show him the respect he has earned, pay him more than fair wages, and if he wants to go to Real and try something new, so be it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad