Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Moukoko meeting with the BVB staff. Hopefully he moves somewhere he can start regularly. At this stage in his career he needs the PT.
I think Sahin might be willing to give him more chances than Terzic, all the interviews he's given he's pointed towards giving more responsibility to young players they trust.

Then again taking minutes away from Guirassy will be much tougher than Füllkrug, so I agree it would be beneficial for both parties that he should be moved, or at the very least loaned if the team still sees him as a part of their future. Would've liked to see him in Köln had they not gotten relegated.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Sahin might be willing to give him more chances than Terzic, all the interviews he's given he's pointed towards giving more responsibility to young players they trust.

Then again taking minutes away from Guirassy will be much tougher than Füllkrug, so I agree it would be beneficial for both parties that he should be moved, or at the very least loaned if the team still sees him as a part of their future. Would've liked to see him in Köln had they not gotten relegated.

Yeah Adeyemi is supposedly more in his plans, but I have a tough time seeing the minutes being there for Moukoko to play as much as I think he needs.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

We got a 22 year old Italian to break up with his girlfriend and choose Arsenal over Juventus. PL and CL double loading...

Reactions: robertmac43

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Romano and Ornstein both say the Calafiori move is done. 34 million pounds, 4 million of add-ons, along with a sell-on clause. Several clubs tried to hijack the deal, aka Chelsea.

- Arsenal bought Tommy Setford, GK from Ajax.

- Nketiah has supposedly informed Arsenal that he wants to join Marseille

- Bogus rumour, but supposedly CP has put a 70 million price tag for Guehi and Arsenal might consider Nketiah + 40 million for him. Nah.

- Bilbao manager mentioned that Nico will/wants stay at Athletic @les Habs as you mentioned, but Barca trying to do their best to get it done by next week.

- Rabiot agent has had talks with Arsenal, Spurs, and Man United, but his choice is Bald Supreme Leader. Reports say that Arsenal rather have Merino.

- Some extra reports about Arsenal wanting to go after Johan Bakayoko once they're done with Calafiori and Merino.

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I was very curious to see how LFC would operate with Michael Edwards and Richard Hughes at the helm as many rumours have circulated in the past that Klopp blocked many transfers in (Guimares, Enzo) of loyalty to his players but now that we are getting close to one month since the start of the window and they have done absolutely nothing. Not even one decent rumour other than Yoro which they missed out.

They have no PSR or FFP worries unlike many other clubs but nothing not even one young player from south america. I honestly thought they would start targeting more young players from lower leagues but apparently no. The memo they have from the media is that Slot want to evaluate what he currently has before purchasing any player.

They also cleared significant wages with Thiago, Matip and Adrian leaving too so the wages are not even close to be an issue. They qualified to the CL so they also have extra revenues also but they are content to be patient.

Now I am very curious to see how the season will start for them. If they lose, it will be full panic mode from the supporters.

On the big 3 (TAA, VVD and Salah) also nothing other than they might all leave on a free next summer.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
- Romano and Ornstein both say the Calafiori move is done. 34 million pounds, 4 million of add-ons, along with a sell-on clause. Several clubs tried to hijack the deal, aka Chelsea.

- Bogus rumour, but supposedly CP has put a 70 million price tag for Guehi and Arsenal might consider Nketiah + 40 million for him. Nah.

- Bilbao manager mentioned that Nico will/wants stay at Athletic @les Habs as you mentioned, but Barca trying to do their best to get it done by next week.

- Rabiot agent has had talks with Arsenal, Spurs, and Man United, but his choice is Bald Supreme Leader. Reports say that Arsenal rather have Merino.

- Some extra reports about Arsenal wanting to go after Johan Bakayoko once they're done with Calafiori and Merino.
I doubt this given the timeline of us signing Renato Veiga around the same time. The phrasing has been that the hijack attempt was more recent than that which would seem odd to me. If they’re saying it was before the Veiga signing, then that makes sense

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC certainly need a left footed right winger

I was very curious to see how LFC would operate with Michael Edwards and Richard Hughes at the helm as many rumours have circulated in the past that Klopp blocked many transfers in (Guimares, Enzo) of loyalty to his players but now that we are getting close to one month since the start of the window and they have done absolutely nothing. Not even one decent rumour other than Yoro which they missed out.
Probably should have gotten Yoro but was never going to match the Utd offer; rightfully or wrongfully
They have no PSR or FFP worries unlike many other clubs but nothing not even one young player from south america. I honestly thought they would start targeting more young players from lower leagues but apparently no. The memo they have from the media is that Slot want to evaluate what he currently has before purchasing any player.
And now Slot has had some time to evaluate. And he still hasn’t gotten all he players back. Going to need to be patient which is fine.

And the Kubo link might have some legs
They also cleared significant wages with Thiago, Matip and Adrian leaving too so the wages are not even close to be an issue. They qualified to the CL so they also have extra revenues also but they are content to be patient.

Now I am very curious to see how the season will start for them. If they lose, it will be full panic mode from the supporters.
What else is new
On the big 3 (TAA, VVD and Salah) also nothing other than they might all leave on a free next summer.
They also might extend this summer!

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Thanks my friend. That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed him and to a degree I think the scenario has changed. Still, I wouldn’t be at all surprised of Nico stayed in Bilbao.

Wow, I guess I didn’t expect him to move. Traded for him in my keeper league just before the start of our current season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I doubt this given the timeline of us signing Renato Veiga around the same time. The phrasing has been that the hijack attempt was more recent than that which would seem odd to me. If they’re saying it was before the Veiga signing, then that makes sense
I don’t think signing Veiga has any relevance to whether Chelsea would have/wouldn’t have signed Calafiori

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Thanks my friend. That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed him and to a degree I think the scenario has changed. Still, I wouldn’t be at all surprised of Nico stayed in Bilbao.
He’s going Barca. No worries
Wow, I guess I didn’t expect him to move. Traded for him in my keeper league just before the start of our current season.
He’s at the right age. He’s definitely Liga proven which is nice; was one of Sociedad’s best players last year for sure. I don’t know if I like his physical profile for the PL, but LFC badly need another right sided player. All the links coming out of Japan right now though, so there’s a little smoke at least.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I am personally not a huge fan of Take Kubo. I think he is very talented but I find him too small and not fast (very similar to Harvey Elliott) enough to become a superstar or at least replace Salah impact in the premier league as it is more physical than the spanish league. I hope that I am wrong though. I would rather have got Kudus if we wanted to invest into a top left footed right winger for next season or maybe a younger prospect like Estêvão for the long term before Chelsea snatched him. That would not be an ideal start for me for Edwards/Hughes recruitement IMO.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was throwing you lot some shade because your club always comes after our targets. I actually do not know which teams tried to hijack it.

Would far rather Merino > Rabiot.
Agreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad