Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Which is exactly the point. Best defense by a mile, they will fill their main weakness of their current defense which is at LB.
I don’t think there is a ton of evidence that Calafiori is a slam dunk at left back in the PL.

I wouldn’t say playing Calafiori playing left back could take away what makes him good. I would say playing Calafiori at left back could take away what makes him special

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Are we calling Calafiori special after this Euro showing?
Patience please.
In this case, I am saying special as in what makes him unique/best characteristics. I am not saying special to say he is generational. Either way, I think playing left back takes away a big part of his game.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Are we calling Calafiori special after this Euro showing?
Patience please.
There is a huge difference between calling someone special and being a very good signing. IMO He will basically act as similar player to Ben White but on the other side. He is the perfect LB/CB that can play both role at a decent level therefore very versatile.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
There is a huge difference between calling someone special and being a very good signing. IMO He will basically act as similar player to Ben White but on the other side. He is the perfect LB/CB that can play both role at a decent level therefore very versatile.
Dunno, he had been on the fringes of Serie A for years now as a LB. He moves this year to CB full time and he breaks out.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
VFB confirm that Anton & Guirassy will be leaving, while admitting that they are approaching their financial limits in their pursuit of Undav.

Demirovic & Maza being the two names they are most linked to atm to bolster the attack.

Reactions: Power Man

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Arsenal play a system that fit him very well. They don't need full fledge offense from their LB.
Yeah, but why are you getting Calafiori whose strength is that he provides a lot of going forward from CB areas and excels playing out of structure, and then making him play LB for one of the most tactically rigid teams in the league.

Yes he’s good in duels and that plays anywhere, but again, if the plan is for him to play LB for Arsenal, you are taking away a lot of his strengths

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad