Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Brazil's U23 Mauricio going from Internacional to Palmeiras for 8.5 mil

Camarda officially going to play with Milan's U23 this year, which is impressive for a 16 yo.

And speaking of formerly highly rated youngsters, Abel Ruiz is back in Spain for Girona, who signed him for 9 mil. He was underwhelming at best for Braga who had bought him in 2020 from Barcelona.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
It's not funny, but you are associating neferious intentions to something that was expected and makes sense. Clubs and in all sports are motivated by deadlines. And especially right now, many deals are sort of on hold because of Euros and other competitions, Gallagher as an example.

And there's nothing neferious about it, it's not even a loophole, it's just poorly structured rules. Similar to how there is nothing wrong with amortization with long-term deals or doing anything else that is legal and allowed to happen.
It was expected that those clubs would need to sell players to comply with PSR rules. Saying that it was expected they would all swap players with each other rather than sell to other clubs is you being ignorant to what happened.

Circumvention =/= illegal. Loopholes =/= illegal. It can be legal and still be BS.

However, if those clubs did collude to inflate swap transfer fees to comply with PSR, then that is against the rules. It'll just be near impossible to prove unless the club execs were morons and stated as such in emails to each other.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
how much would everyone expect to sell their most promising youth prospect to a team in the same league?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
But Chelsea won’t bury Ugochukwu

This would put at least five guys in front of Ugochukwu.

Also wondering if Chelsea still telling Lavia he isn’t sloppy seconds

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
how much would everyone expect to sell their most promising youth prospect to a team in the same league?
Hard to say when every team's most promising youth prospect could be different levels. For Arsenal, Nwaneri is supposed to be one of the most promising youth prospects in all of England, but I somehow doubt we'd get a 20M fee for him. Maybe that's our poor track record for selling that has me feeling that way.

Bellingham went for 30M after starting 30+ games in the championship and having several clubs chasing him. That's a single data point, but I think everyone here had heard about Bellingham to a degree before he went to Dortmund. Whereas, I didn't know who Omari Kellyman was at all until he was sold for 20M to comply with PSR, and I think I have a decent grasp on some of the top prospects.

Reactions: JPBolts and luiginb

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Bought Hojlund for 70+ million and now want to spend another 30+ million on another striker. Never change United.
United don't have another striker and Höjlund can't play all the games as the lone striker. A new striker has always been the plan, to replace Martial.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Chelsea have apparently triggered the Guiu buyout clause. All that remains is the medical.

In other La Masia news, Dani Rodriguez has agreed (verbally) a new deal with Barca. Apparently Spurs, Athletic Club and La Real (I think he joined Barca from La Real) were interested.

Unsurprising, Ferran Torres says he doesn’t want to leave Barca.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
But Chelsea won’t bury Ugochukwu

This would put at least five guys in front of Ugochukwu.

Also wondering if Chelsea still telling Lavia he isn’t sloppy seconds

Dewsbury-Hall is an attacking player, usually as a central midfielder and sometimes an attacking midfielder. Ugochukwu is a defensive player.

The Lavia transfer never made a lick of sense, I have been saying that the entire time.

Chelsea have apparently triggered the Guiu buyout clause. All that remains is the medical.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Dewsbury-Hall is an attacking player, usually as a central midfielder and sometimes an attacking midfielder. Ugochukwu is a defensive player.

The Lavia transfer never made a lick of sense, I have been saying that the entire time.
they are going to play in the same third of the field. We will see how it shakes out. If KDH is an attacking player I guess that means their new 20m toy Kellyman, who is apparently going into the first team, is about to get buried. And Chukwuemeka, and Casadei; all though other eight figure transfer fee toys. Just throwing more shit on the wall and hoping it sticks. Luckily for Chelsea eventually it will.

Last edited:

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Hard to say when every team's most promising youth prospect could be different levels. For Arsenal, Nwaneri is supposed to be one of the most promising youth prospects in all of England, but I somehow doubt we'd get a 20M fee for him. Maybe that's our poor track record for selling that has me feeling that way.

Bellingham went for 30M after starting 30+ games in the championship and having several clubs chasing him. That's a single data point, but I think everyone here had heard about Bellingham to a degree before he went to Dortmund. Whereas, I didn't know who Omari Kellyman was at all until he was sold for 20M to comply with PSR, and I think I have a decent grasp on some of the top prospects.
Yep, and I think that's exactly why transfer values are always subjective. how much someone is worth to a team is going to be different to how they are worth to others. I did look at Arsenal sale history and was a bit stunned, that is a terrible record. I guess that having a record of selling players for a decent amount might also weigh in on how much you are willing to sell.

Yep -- and I'd say the interesting case study comparison will be Archie Gray (if he gets sold this summer).

Leicester is also a team that failed PSR. So another player swap between two teams that failed PSR on the way here.
and 2 more teams involved in a swap deal!

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yep, and I think that's exactly why transfer values are always subjective. how much someone is worth to a team is going to be different to how they are worth to others. I did look at Arsenal sale history and was a bit stunned, that is a terrible record. I guess that having a record of selling players for a decent amount might also weigh in on how much you are willing to sell.

Yep -- and I'd say the interesting case study comparison will be Archie Gray (if he gets sold this summer).

and 2 more teams involved in a swap deal!

Get that your post was tongue in cheek, but Flynn Downes played there on loan last season and isn’t by any measure a largely unknown academy player. Not really the same.

Reactions: JPBolts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad