Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You are continuing to ignore what you actually said, that anyone in the PL2 could be worth that. You're not even responding to what I am saying, so there is little point in continuing this conversation. I didn't say "Kellyman is worth 20m" as I think that fee is inflated. That doesn't mean he isn't a good prospect and hasn't performed well in the PL2, both those things are also true.
The only thing relevant is the inflated fee though. And others were sticking to their guns that the player is worth 20m based on potential. I didn’t make that up. I also never said the player was bad. I said 20m is a calculator fee.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Villa has also officially joined the dark side of the PL, along with the City, Chelseas and Newcastle of the world
Yeah all the teams with charges and/or falling PSR banding together to block super majority to change the rules that they are openly breaking.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The highest scoring U19 player in PL2 last season had 15 goals in 16 appearances. The highest scoring U19 attacking midfielders had 10 goals in 13 appearances and 10 goals in 18 appearances.

7 goals in 11 appearances is near the top of the league for his age cohort and position.

"anyone decent at PL2 level is worth 20m" is absurd hyperbole.
Callum Marshall had 16 goals in 12 matches for West Ham in PL2 last season. He went to West Brom on loan and couldn’t get game time. The idea that Kellyman will play in the first team next season is bordering on impossible.

Reactions: KJS14 and Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Callum Marshall had 16 goals in 12 matches for West Ham in PL2 last season. He went to West Brom on loan and couldn’t get game time. The idea that Kellyman will play in the first team next season is bordering on impossible.
Dude don’t you know? Kellyman is going to get those minutes Olise was supposed to get. He’s a 20m first team player according to Chelsea, why shouldn’t we expect him to get minutes?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Kellyman made 6 appearances for Aston Villa this season. I can't see him playing much more than that or even less than that at Chelsea though, they have a log jam in the midfield.

Reactions: gary69

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
It’s the EPL, (ironically) all they have is a dark side…and Brighton.
I like how we all conveniently forget that Brighton did multi club ownership before it was cool, just because we’ve decided as a collective that Brighton is charming

Dude don’t you know? Kellyman is going to get those minutes Olise was supposed to get. He’s a 20m first team player according to Chelsea, why shouldn’t we expect him to get minutes?
Literally no one is saying this, I suggest you talk to a doctor about the shadows you keep boxing

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
ALL HALL TRANSFERMARKT!!!
Find anything written before May 2024 that values him at 20m if he was to move this summer

I like how we all conveniently forget that Brighton did multi club ownership before it was cool, just because we’ve decided as a collective that Brighton is charming

Literally no one is saying this, I suggest you talk to a doctor about the shadows you keep boxing
No one is saying this but they should be. Chelsea giving 20m to a guy they probably aren’t playing. Chelsea giving a long term six figure a week contract to a CB that they probably aren’t going to play a ton/still want to improve on. Having to sell hotels in order to do anything. Chelsea absolutely sucks. And it will probably work out for them at some point.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Omari Hutchinson had only 7 goals in 21 appearance the year prior in the PL2 then went to Ipswich and was a key part of their promotion. His transfer value is rumored like 25M if not more now and was probably 1M before his loan.

I don't know anything about this kid or the PL2 really but see that his numbers for his age are good and players coming out of there are going for bigger fees. City sold Forbes, Edozie, Charles and Lavia recently for nice fees for kids.

I also don't see too much outrage when some kid from South America gets sold for 20M to a European club.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Omari Hutchinson had only 7 goals in 21 appearance the year prior in the PL2 then went to Ipswich and was a key part of their promotion. His transfer value is rumored like 25M if not more now and was probably 1M before his loan.
That year in between the initial move and the 25m makes a huge difference
I don't know anything about this kid or the PL2 really but see that his numbers for his age are good and players coming out of there are going for bigger fees. City sold Forbes, Edozie, Charles and Lavia recently for nice fees for kids.
Charles had played in the PL and UCL. Was also getting regular caps for the senior national team. Forbs was dropping 20 goal seasons as a winger for PL2. Lavia was player of the season in PL2. Edozie arguably had a biggest CV and was a seven figure youth transfer TO Man City. They all went for around half of what Kellyman was sold for. Three of those players went to Southampton, where the guy buying them saw them first hand because he came from Man City; so he certainly had a better idea what he was getting.
I also don't see too much outrage when some kid from South America gets sold for 20M to a European club.
Because these players from the Brazil leagues are playing against men. They aren’t playing in their youth academies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad