Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Citing transfermarkt is even more ridiculous.
No it’s not more ridiculous than. “Let’s not complain about this fee that was plucked out of thin air to make a PSR calculation work because maybe the player will be good” is such biased nonsense. You probably even know who this guy was until today/name came up as linked and sure let’s give 20m for him. Stop.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Because fans don't know about a prospect, it means they are worth 1M? Lol. Should all transfers be compared to transfermarkt? I'm guessing we massively overpaid for Palmer.

And again Casadei as a comp.

Reactions: Blender

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Definitely a fraught topic. Given both club's PSR situations and Sawiris comments, it's pretty difficult to try and make the case that this isn't a "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" situation.

As for Chukwumeka, I don't think they're all that similar. If I have my timeline correct, Chukwumeka had just come off winning the u19 championship for England as their best player. And on top of that he had 10x the first-team experience Kellyman does. That still doesn't equate to a ton of actual match time, but that only highlights how raw a prospect this other kid is.

I'll take that bet.

There's got to be a dozen other u19 "wunderkids" Chelsea have already signed (and will yet sign) - what happens to them and on what basis does this kid with zero experience leapfrog them?
oh, it absolutely is. someone i follow put it best with this:
It seems like the moment our proposal on the limitation was rejected we immediately embarked on a process of "f*** you" transfers that skirt the edges of the rules without breaking them. And that is (paraphrased) what Sawiris said in the FT article.

Yeah, that seems like the right timeline. I agree they're not that similar, but it is somewhat of a benchmark (even though Kellyman is less experience, as you say). It is also widely reported that there is a strong relationship between the Villa and Chelsea hierarchies dating back to that Chukwumeka deal.

Idk what happens to all of them and I'm glad I don't have to deal with that situation. Though, it does sound like my PL team maybe 5 years into a football manager save :laugh::laugh:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Because fans don't know about a prospect, it means they are worth 1M? Lol. Should all transfers be compared to transfermarkt? I'm guessing we massively overpaid for Palmer.

And again Casadei as a comp.
It’s a bad comp. Also your only comps for this are going to be Chelsea plucking transfer fees out of thin air. No one else is paying 20m for a prospect with as blank of CV as Kellyman has. No one is saying Kellyman is bad either. But it’s absolutely price rigging the market

• Haha
Reactions: bleedblue1223

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I mean I'd say that 19m for our best youth academy prospect isn't the worst valuation -- he also would've gotten more minutes last season but had an injury that kept him out for a while. Chelsea signing Estêvão for close to double the fee (with a lot of addons to go on top of that) seems more inflated
I've known about Estevao (Messinho) since he was ten years old ... I've just heard about your best prospect, whose name I proceeded to forget

Casadei isn't a good comp either, he was well known for those who follow Italian football.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Chelsea linked to everyone... Just how?
You need a super majority to get a policy change passed in the PL. It went to vote, and of course all the teams that are already failing PSR blocked the bailout rules, because enough teams were failing PSR to prevent a super majority. And of course no one was trying to rat on themselves/prevent themselves from having an escape route in the future

Reactions: robertmac43

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
ESPN NL (@ESPNnl) on X: Pablo Rosario is close to joining Ajax. Negotiations between all parties are progressing well and Ajax is now approaching an agreement with both Rosario and OGC Nice. Reported transfer fee is around €7M.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Yeah, I wonder who was actually responsible for that one. Can't remember if Eberl had already taken charge or if that was still the previous regime.

I do remember it being rumored for months before it went through. When he cooled down a bit I thought it might not go through after all, so maybe it had been agreed for some time.

Barca going after Nico Williams.

Joan, Deco. I will make a personal donation if you can make this happen.

As I’ve said before, were i in charge this would be my top transfer priority.

I've known about Estevao (Messinho) since he was ten years old ... I've just heard about your best prospect, whose name I proceeded to forget

Casadei isn't a good comp either, he was well known for those who follow Italian football.

10? Wow. Best I can say is 15.

They have hotels

Chance. Make general repairs on all your property. For each house pay $25 and for each hotel pay $100.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Oh piss off. You already ruined Timo, leave Maxi alone!

Ask Timo if he thinks we ruined him

Yeah I don't like this move for him. I want our star players to go to less volatile big clubs.... Chelsea ain't it.
I don’t want it because David is not that good and will cost a lot

Reactions: Blender

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
10? Wow. Best I can say is 15.
To be fair it's because of some news of him being the youngest player Nike ever signed and because his nickname was Messinho

Kellyman until a few years back was playing with the Northern Ireland u17 because he couldn't break in for England's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad