Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
West Ham submitted a bid for Duran. Leaving him the player out of it for a moment, I like the profile of an up and coming striker with bags of potential. And he’s more proven for the PL than a guy like Omorodion who they’ve also been linked to.

As for Duran himself, seems like a bit of a loose cannon. I could see it going south, but I’ll choose to believe there’s enough leadership in the room to deal with that.

Last edited:

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I really hope those Dortmund rumors a while ago were all complete bullshit. If instead it was a case of Dortmund actually being interested but just couldn't get a low enough price ... I'd be pretty disgusted.
I am pretty sure it's same case with Juventus, could not get the price low enough. It truly angers me. I read the Juve reddit. I would say 99% didn't want him and there was the one person who wrote, "He deserves a second chance" No he doesn't. Don't these people have mothers, sisters, daughters? Would they say the same if it happened to their daughter? I lived through this shit my entire childhood and partly as an adult. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
More wheeling and dealing from Serie A

Caleb Okoli from Atalanta, via Frosinone, to Leicester for 15 mil. Not a fan of the player, strong but technically limited.

Josep Martinez from Genoa to Inter for 13.5m. Big fan of the Spanish goalkeeper.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I am pretty sure it's same case with Juventus, could not get the price low enough. It truly angers me. I read the Juve reddit. I would say 99% didn't want him and there was the one person who wrote, "He deserves a second chance" No he doesn't. Don't these people have mothers, sisters, daughters? Would they say the same if it happened to their daughter? I lived through this shit my entire childhood and partly as an adult. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
But Juve already had Ronaldo.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I personally do not like how Real Madrid act against smaller club to get their wonderkid. I know EPL have a bad reputation too but at the very least they are more willing to pony up money to the club while Real Madrid will start by turning the player head to get him either on a free or at a discount price. The difference between 20M to 50M is significant for a club like Lille.

They also did something similar to get Camavinga.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I personally do not like how Real Madrid act against smaller club to get their wonderkid. I know EPL have a bad reputation too but at the very least they are more willing to pony up money to the club while Real Madrid will start by turning the player head to get him either on a free or at a discount price. The difference between 20M to 50M is significant for a club like Lille.

They also did something similar to get Camavinga.
We did that with Mbappé too, in a way.

PSG wanted to sell at the beginning of last season and Mbappé refused to be sold and Madrid refused to bid. Mbappé ended up coming on a free.

We are doing something similar to Lille right now. Either the player accepts to go somewhere else, they accept our price or he will leave on a free.

Real Madrid cannot/won't spend on transfer fees like PSG, City and, heck, even United or Chelsea. We have better branding and are more attractive to players. We use what we have to get who we want to get. Sucks for the Lilles of the world, indeed.

----

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
But Juve already had Ronaldo.

I didn't want him, either. The only difference is that we don't know for sure if it was legit or a shakedown. It could be another case of a rich person getting away with a crime. I can't say for sure. With Greenwood, we have audio and photos as proof.

Sadly, this world has to many degenerates.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We did that with Mbappé too, in a way.

PSG wanted to sell at the beginning of last season and Mbappé refused to be sold and Madrid refused to bid. Mbappé ended up coming on a free.

We are doing something similar to Lille right now. Either the player accepts to go somewhere else, they accept our price or he will leave on a free.

Real Madrid cannot/won't spend on transfer fees like PSG, City and, heck, even United or Chelsea. We have better branding and are more attractive to players. We use what we have to get who we want to get. Sucks for the Lilles of the world, indeed.

----
Man United is becoming Spurs 2.0 lol. Nobody wants to join them.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I mean Yoro has also rejected Liverpool and PSG…?
Valid reasons for those; LFC lost Klopp which will be a big step downwards influencing a lot of players' opinions and PSG is a mess internally that just lost Mbappe, which probably influences players' decisions as well. PSG is the Man United of France.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I guess you've missed De Ligt and Zirkzee being almost done.
Zirkzee is a solid signing even if it also doesn't make sense due to all the other serious issues on the club, but he was always going to leave that team in Serie A so don't think this is a huge coup. De Ligt has been living off a "hype" reputation for the past five years. Does he make United better? Yes, but not enough to get in the top 4 level of signing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Zirkzee is a solid signing even if it also doesn't make sense due to all the other serious issues on the club, but he was always going to leave that team in Serie A so don't think this is a huge coup. De Ligt has been living off a "hype" reputation for the past five years. Does he make United better? Yes, but not enough to get in the top 4 level of signing.
But you just said no one want to join United and I just named two players who are on their way to United. And why doesn't Xirzee doesn't make sense? Martial left so Höjlund is the only striker in the club. They literally need another one, the kind that can rotate with Rasmus and also play with him. Zirkzee's profile seems to fit both. And the price is very reasonable.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
But you just said no one want to join United and I just named two players who are on their way to United. And why doesn't Xirzee doesn't make sense? Martial left so Höjlund is the only striker in the club. They literally need another one, the kind that can rotate with Rasmus and also play with him. Zirkzee's profile seems to fit both. And the price is very reasonable.
Of course, Man United will always have the ability to get players. I was being facetious.

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad