GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Agreed . I'm biased by Sprong's good season in Seattle where I saw him play a few times. I haven't seen any games with Detroit. The kid can score. I did read in some articles subsequently on how he was a healthy scratch in March. You keep thinking that a better environment will help someone who is after all only 27 and has plenty of natural ability. Plenty of those in the league however.

You also have to consider that in the next 3 years, you will have at the very least Roy, Farrell, Heineman, Mesar and Demidov pushing for that spot.

Montreal can't afford to have someone on anything else than a short term deal.

Even Marchessault was offered less than a 4 year deal.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'd rather have overlords than Ylonen on our 4th line.

cosmo-kramer-seinfeld.gif

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I would just scratch Zegras from the list as the need for this kind of asset totally disappeared with drafting Demidov and Hage. We do not have the best assets for McGroarthy trade, but I would say we are prime candidates to land one of Necas/Laine. And we might still land Kaako on top of that, depends if Rangers can trade away Trouba.

Uhh, no.

We just finished near last the last 3 seasons....we still need a lot of pieces, including better offensive players. And we need a 3rd good center that can play in the top 6 - in case of injuries.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Uhh, no.

We just finished near last the last 3 seasons....we still need a lot of pieces, including better offensive players. And we need a 3rd good center that can play in the top 6 - in case of injuries.
I agree we've finished poorly, but the idea is that both Demidov and Hage have yet to contribute, and certainly didn't the last 3 seasons. Add to that all of our young player developing, 20g 50p Slaf comes to mind, are we really desperate for another soft scoring winger?

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Uhh, no.

Then we are definitely not talking about Zegras. Paying 5.75M for 3rd line center who can't play a center and does not fit in 3rd line role would be pure disaster.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Then we are definitely not talking about Zegras. Paying 5.75M for 3rd line center who can't play a center and does not fit in 3rd line role would be pure disaster.

You obviously play him 2nd line W unless you have an injury. Zegras can play center, just not full time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad