GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
He's not a defenseman. He's a LWer.

Unless they actually signed Alexandre Carrier (but that doesn't make sense)

I think that is actually the case. Sportsnet showed highlights of a right hand D in a Nashville uniform when they reported the signing. I was confused because William is LW on Vegas.

Edit: Capfriendly has William (LW) signed on Carolina. Seems there was some confusion on the broadcast.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I’m usually pretty patient but after the comments about this being a big summer for them and needing to add offensive firepower, I’m pretty pi$$ed about today. There were at least a dozen options to add a top 6-8 forward to the team and nothing again.

Scraps left.

Playing for MSL is obviously not as alluring as they like to make it seem.

Not much for significant trades typically happen after July 1st either.

DeBrusk signed until 34
Montour signed until 37
Roy signed until 36
Tanev signed until 40
Stamkos signed until 38
Carrier signed until 35
Slavin signed until 39
Reinhart signed until 36
Guentzel signed until 36
Kulikov signed until 37
Zadorov signed until 35

Nah I'm ALL good thanks.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Bergevin is not the GM, Rob Blake is

That's what the lame stream media would have you believe

eddie-bravo.gif

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Debrusk is a 40 points guy signed until he's 34. This would be Anderson 2.0.

Marchessault I would have taken for 2 years, not 5.

I swear people are obsessed with us getting dead wood back while we still have a lot.

We have young guys coming in, no reason to butcher the future this summer, we are not going for the Cup in 2024-2025.

Hopefully Suzuki and Caufield won't ask for trades after getting their ass kicked for another year.

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Why did you list s
DeBrusk signed until 34
Montour signed until 37
Roy signed until 36
Tanev signed until 40
Stamkos signed until 38
Carrier signed until 35
Slavin signed until 39
Reinhart signed until 36
Guentzel signed until 36
Kulikov signed until 37
Zadorov signed until 35

Nah I'm ALL good thanks.
Why did you list several defensemen when I clearly said offensive forwards? Aside from Stamkos I wasn’t interested in any of the above.

Reactions: Canadienna

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Which we've been doing for 3 years already. Rebuilding isn't just picks. Getting your young players some support is a part of it as well.
three years is nothin. most of the teams rebuild at least five. our young players will have more than enough veteran support: gally, matheson, savard, armia, dvorak, anderson, evans. yes, some of these are bad contracts, really no need for more of them.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I’m usually pretty patient but after the comments about this being a big summer for them and needing to add offensive firepower, I’m pretty pi$$ed about today. There were at least a dozen options to add a top 6-8 forward to the team and nothing again.

Scraps left.

Playing for MSL is obviously not as alluring as they like to make it seem.

Not much for significant trades typically happen after July 1st either.
The only explanation I can find is that they have some trades lined up. Otherwise, they have completely contradicted what they said after the season ended.

I'm thinking it's the former. They are going to be active on the trade market.

Reactions: CoopersFalls

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Man, the quality of production/presentation of Sportsnet’s coverage is just brutal lol, even the chemistry between the hosts/whatever you want to call them is terrible - awkward silences, bumbling notes/laptops, lack of eye contact, etc 😂. Such a far cry from TSN back in the heyday before the Rogers deal.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Why can't Hughes unload those awful Bergevin era contracts?

Why isn't Hughes signing UFAs today?

You can't say both of those things without irony. The only contract that truly makes sense is Teuvo Teravainen's. Most of the contracts signed today are time bombs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad