GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
The point is to acquire a couple of guys to actually help your young players along. Have the games mean something at least in March. Have Demidov a little something to play for. Give Dach a real solid winger. Nobody's claiming that signing one of those guys makes us contenders. It's specifically designed to help your young players instead of them staring down another season where they're out of the playoffs by December. It's deflating for the team (something they've already acknowledged.
it is called: rebuild.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
There was many 2 or 3 guys you could have added this summer making this maybe possible. They have signed elsewhere cause they want to win. Signing guys like Monahan or Zadorov wont help us getting close to a playoffs spot.
I tend to avoid using specific names because in the individual there are endless possibilities (i.e. does the player want to sign, family situation, contract, etc.) so I'm talking about a general step or direction I'd like to see the team take.

Too many people think success is something you can turn on like a switch and multiple rebuilding teams in recent years have shown that this isn't the case. It's gradual and it needs constant work and it requires all aspect of team-building and culture-making, not just making draft picks.

I want this team to say 'Come help us go a little higher!' to Demidov instead of 'Save us!'

Reactions: Archijerej

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Welp... I can definitively see now that Habs will have another tank season being a punching bag most of the nights. Sigh. Plus ca change...

Like seriously. you're sitting on 19M in cap space with more of it coming off books next season. Get a couple of knuckleheads and bench the creampuffs currently occupying the 4th line. FFS!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad