GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I guess I missed that part. Which make it even more easier to answer because no contender is picking up Anderson nor giving assets for him. So if this specific scenario is the threshold to trade Anderson @50% retention, then there is no issue whatsoever because it's not happening.

If by some miracle Anderson pull out of his downward trend then that would make sense, but he can't do that during the off-season.
Colorado signed Miles Wood to a 2.5x6 year deal, but Anderson at 2.75x2 starting next year with a rising cap can't net any asset like a mid round pick?

I doubt there will be zero interests whatsoever at 50% because of a bad year when he's been flirting with 20 goals a season for a while.
Nice, we still have a logjam so I could see more trades. I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes signs a guy like Carrier to be the 2RD, we have 3 full time NHL dmen.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Opinion should not get over fact and we should not ditch him for way below his value.

Feel free to dislike him tho.
No way gm deals him when you thi k of what he passed to get Bach
I'm thinking as. A fan - I the Bach will be average on all areas

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
armia set a career high in goals last year. if anderson and/or gallagher come close to their career highs in goals they certainly would be tradeable.
Some people need to give their heads a shake when it comes to the pre-concieved notion that Armia is worthless.
He simply has to continue his excellent play from the back half of last year and his value will increase as the post season nears.
The work he was doing on the PK towards the end last year was stellar.
As of right now we do not have a set 2nd line and Armia could actually get some time there if he's fit and his head is settled.
He's definitely 3rd line material not 4th like some see so he should be able to light the lamp.
When the guy is on his game he's a HORSE. It takes horses to win 16 games in May/June.
Edmonton could have used one more. :sarcasm:

Reactions: zx81

Nephasted

Jan 29, 2018
Any news on the Habs QO?

Hugues already said that ylonen wont got one but whats abour Anderson, Barron, Xhekaj, Cederqvist, Norlidner

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Any news on the Habs QO?

Hugues already said that ylonen wont got one but whats abour Anderson, Barron, Xhekaj, Cederqvist, Norlidner

No news release but ill answer

Andersson is gone.

Barron and Xhekaj are qualified, obviously, dont need a news release.

Norlinder, Cederqvist... who cares

Reactions: Vachon23

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Any news on the Habs QO?

Nothing official yet but:
- Barron/Xhekaj were said to get their QO a few days ago.
- Anderson and Cederqvist are going back to Europe.
- No news about Norlinder.

Reactions: Nephasted

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Is that room we have right now or only after the season starts though? I thought we only get that after the season starts, then during the summer we can go over the cap by some percentage.
You can use LTIR in the offseason, you have to show proof that the player would have been injured at the start of the season.

BUT, there is a catch, explained in the example below with simple rounded numbers:

Cap - 90mill
Current Team Cap Hit - 86 mill
Injured Player - 10 mill

Say I sign a 9 mill player, bringing my cap hit to 95 mill in the example above. I am still within the 10% I am allowed to go above the cap limit during the offseason. However, if to start the season I cannot be compliant without LTIR, then I have to put the 10mill player on LTIR. Because I did it in the offseason I would get LTIR Relief ONLY equal to the amount I am over.

In this case, even though I put a 10 mill player on LTIR, I would only get 5 mill of relief. This is why it is hardly ever done in the offseason.

Reactions: vokiel

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2