Barrie Colts 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
I agree, it is disappointing about the Colts not selecting anyone from the u16aaa team. A consolation is taking Emerton with #50.

I still think Hawrey will be the best of the Barrie AAA kids when all is said and done but expect each of the top 3 to make a decent impact at the next level. Amazing to see just how good a lot of the Barrie and area 2008 group have developed, wishing them all success in their future.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
I agree, it is disappointing about the Colts not selecting anyone from the u16aaa team. A consolation is taking Emerton with #50.

I still think Hawrey will be the best of the Barrie AAA kids when all is said and done but expect each of the top 3 to make a decent impact at the next level. Amazing to see just how good a lot of the Barrie and area 2008 group have developed, wishing them all success in their future.
I watched the Barrie u16 team play 15-20 times and McLean is definitely the best hockey player outta the big guys. Would have liked to see Barrie take Elliot #19 on the colts this draft he went 7th round to the Soo and I think that’ll be a steal down the road. Getting Emerton at 50 could be a huge steal also.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
I watched the Barrie u16 team play 15-20 times and McLean is definitely the best hockey player outta the big guys. Would have liked to see Barrie take Elliot #19 on the colts this draft he went 7th round to the Soo and I think that’ll be a steal down the road. Getting Emerton at 50 could be a huge steal also.
Fair enough, I only watched two games vs. YSE. I thought Hawrey had better overall compete & tenacity with similar skill.

AR155

Apr 28, 2024
Congratulations to the draftees ! Just curious on this year's squad, alot of D returning. Has anyone seen Teague Vader play? This kid is unreal mobile great puck mover, tall and plays with some feistyness I don't believe he has signed? Who's everyone else got as Colts D for 24/25 ?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Aitcheson - Akey
LD: Brauti, Tiller, Handsor, Blair
RD: Passmore, Gaudet-Barton, Emerton if willing to sign

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Hemming is not coming to Colts
Options are TPS or Dallas.

Patrik Kerkola also selected.
Kerkola is top ranked Finnish goalie 2025 NHL draft.
He's not getting SM liiga minutes in Kalpa this coming season so he probably is coming to Colts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad