GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Preds make most sense to me, but unlike ROR & Duchene who were small town Ontario boys, I don’t picture Stamkos being ok w Nashville - and I luv the city

Then, I always keep coming back to this, for the same term no US team can provide the take home Habs / Cdn team can. I admittedly do not know how much cap space Det have, but they seem to be after grit / truculence as we see from Trouba attempt, at least from. afar
One of the insiders said Stamkos will stay in the east. I could see Boston, NYR, Carolina or the Habs.

Stammer was interested in us in 2016. Now that MSL is here I could see it.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Ducks fans were saying before that Leason and/or Jones might not get a QO. I'd sign either one, especially Leason. 6'5 guy who has some skill to score. Put him on the 2nd line with Dach and Newhook and see what he can become.

Jones is a decent bottom 6er who's a bit of an agitator.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He’s smaller and has started to get hurt / miss GP die to injuries a lot more. Stamkos has missed 3GP total in the last 3-full seasons (played in 240-of-243GP)
He's a way better player today, is 5 years younger, and produces better in the playoffs. If you want to cherry pick stats, you can also include how in the last 4 seasons, Guentzel has missed 25 games while Stamkos has missed 23.

Gandalf The Habs Fan

Oct 29, 2012
Québec
Now, I dont see Carolina trading Necas for lesser players....but I could see them trying trading Necas for an upgrade like Marner...Im not sure Marner is really better than Necas but on paper, yes...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Last edited:
Reactions: red devil

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
“I do. I think so,” Gorton said when asked if the Canadiens can be in the playoff mix. “I think we have the ability to be better and we’re going to try to do that.

“We’re looking at a bunch of scenarios unrelated to the draft that might be able to do that,” Gorton said when asked about fast-tracking things over the next few days. “That’s our job. We always want to have a better team when we come back. That’s what we’re doing, that’s what we’re in the process now of looking at that scenario. Yeah, it would be nice to add to the group moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad