Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season - Complete without a great title in keeping with the performance

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
This might be the best regular season game of all time.

Braves up 3-0 in the top of the 8th.
Mets score 6
Mets up 6-3 in the bottom of the 8th.
Braves score 4.
Braves up 7-6 in the top of the 9th.
Mets score 2 off a Lindor 2 run shot.
Mets up 8-7 in the bottom of the 9th.
????

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Ross Atkins needs to be fired. The guy has no playoff success to show for and is notoriously known for being a runner up for every free agency signing there is.

Oh and he's managed his team to an extremely sub par farm system, and not had a single hitter promote that he drafted and developed outside of Bo Bichette who was a Bryan Parker pick, not him.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Ross Atkins needs to be fired. The guy has no playoff success to show for and is notoriously known for being a runner up for every free agency signing there is.

Oh and he's managed his team to an extremely sub par farm system, and not had a single hitter promote that he drafted and developed outside of Bo Bichette who was a Bryan Parker pick, not him.

I want him gone too, but he signed Ryu, Springer, and Gausman, all of whom were among the best free agents available at the time.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
If this is their leadoff hitter plan for 2025, why didn't they test it ever and continue to spam washed Springer at leadoff? I don't think we ever saw Wagner there.

Obviously, offseason for the Jays just started but

Wagner
Bo
Vladdy
Bat
Horwitz
Kirk
Springer
Clement
Varsho

Backup C
Jiminez
Loperfido
?????

I still would want another bat not including the one I have after Vladdy. Wouldn't surprise me if Orelvis is used at some point next season to hit lefties. He demolishes them.

Reactions: aingefan

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
This post implies that Guillermo wasn't also a big problem. I will half agree, that Mattingly is the biggest problem, not the real (implied only) problem.
I'm torn on Martinez. He was here for a lot of really positive performances from the team and a lot of individual breakouts. I don't think he's a bad hitting coach, maybe just not the right one for the team anymore.

Mattingly's time with the Jays is all negatives. Get rid of them both and give more responsibility to Hague and Edwin.

Reactions: canucksfan

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I want him gone too, but he signed Ryu, Springer, and Gausman, all of whom were among the best free agents available at the time.
I give him and his front office credit for identifying pitching for sure. Ryu was an overpayment and so was Springer. Gausman was a great signing and what's more impressive is letting Ray walk after a Cy Young but this front office has not drafted and developed enough talent,.especially hitters to compliment the free agency pieces they have brought in.

I have to judge Ross based on his entire tenure and I'm just left disappointed. He's not the guy to lead us anywhere.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
If this is their leadoff hitter plan for 2025, why didn't they test it ever and continue to spam washed Springer at leadoff? I don't think we ever saw Wagner there.

Seems like loyalty to a vet.
Wagner has a long resume of having good at bats and getting on bats in the minors so makes sense to me.
Maybe George can rejuvenate a lil lower in the lineup? Just go ripping.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I'm torn on Martinez. He was here for a lot of really positive performances from the team and a lot of individual breakouts. I don't think he's a bad hitting coach, maybe just not the right one for the team anymore.

Mattingly's time with the Jays is all negatives. Get rid of them both and give more responsibility to Hague and Edwin.
Agreed. Now, I am nervous they will keep Mattingly as nothing has been said about him. Still very early though.

Would like them to keep Hague and Edwin and bring in someone else from outside the organization.

Last edited:
Reactions: Discoverer

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008

if Shapiro doesn’t get fired nothing changes. Everything stems from him. He sits on top pulling all the strings of his puppets. Too insecure to surround himself with respected baseball minds. Haven’t watched an inning since they pulled Berrios in the playoffs. That was it for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad