Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season - Complete without a great title in keeping with the performance

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Oof, didn't realize the 5 year thing.

His first 2 years were so promising but the last 4 have basically been barely over replacement level. Walks are way down, average continues to be down, power is down, SBs are down.

Probably saved his job with a late blip last year but he's been back to the same non-contributor he was for most of the year last year too.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Oof, didn't realize the 5 year thing.

His first 2 years were so promising but the last 4 have basically been barely over replacement level. Walks are way down, average continues to be down, power is down, SBs are down.

Probably saved his job with a late blip last year but he's been back to the same non-contributor he was for most of the year last year too.
2.7 fWAR in 770 PA over the last 3 seasons. After a brutal 2021, he's settled in as a league average player in a part time role. There's plenty of value to that, and I like Biggio, but they need someone with more of an offensive ceiling rather than another versatile guy without a real strength.

They won't get much, but I expect someone will trade for him. Hopefully he finds a team that can find a way to convince him to swing at hittable pitches.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Yeah it was just a matter of time. he has barely been used except in pinch running roles lately.

Yeah, he had promise and had some flashes, but consistency was just never there.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
2.7 fWAR in 770 PA over the last 3 seasons. After a brutal 2021, he's settled in as a league average player in a part time role. There's plenty of value to that, and I like Biggio, but they need someone with more of an offensive ceiling rather than another versatile guy without a real strength.

They won't get much, but I expect someone will trade for him. Hopefully he finds a team that can find a way to convince him to swing at hittable pitches.

Tampa Bay will have him in the All-Star game next season

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Manoah has been such a useless asset since that really good year.

This makes it sound like it was ages ago when it was 2022 lol. Sure he was terrible last season, but in his limited appearances this year he was solid enough and trending back up. The injury was just awful timing because he couldn’t build on that month long performance.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Poor Manoah hasn't even gotten to the big deal yet...still career earnings of 6 million or so he should be fine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad