Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season - Complete without a great title in keeping with the performance

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It’s time they give Spencer a look. Start sitting Turner more and make Vogelbach a dugout attendant, since he looks like a real good teammate

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

• Orelvis Martinez went from 57 to 43.
  • Arjun Nimmala went from 59 to 48.
  • Ricky Tiedemann was 52nd but did not move into his Top 50.

Nimmala really has no business being in top 100s at the moment. He’s far too raw.

Barger on the other hand should, and honestly Leo Jimenez and Adam Macko should find themselves on the backend of lists too.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

Washed up Springer still being a top jersey seller on this team is bad news. Will cloud the organization's judgement when it comes to how they view the player internally even though he is washed as a player.

Disappointed in Jays fans that Davis Schneider is not top 3, considering who is #3.

Springer's old now but he's been a star player for a long time - not sure why it's a bad thing to want his jersey

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
That’s fine if Vladdy becomes like Jonh Olerud, but the guys behind him have to hit. If he is just getting on base via singles and walks, the guys behind have to hit for more power. Who is hitting behind him? Bo and his .600 ops, Springer with his .600 ops, JT with his .600 ops, sometimes Vogelbach with his .600 ops. It’s crap.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
There doesn't appear to be an injury so is this a DFA for Vogelbach? Or Biggio optioned?
I wonder if Clement is an option too.

I presume that Vlad will also being playing a bit more third with Horowitz at first and IKF being the other 3B

Reactions: PanniniClaus

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

I presume that Vlad will also being playing a bit more third with Horowitz at first and IKF being the other 3B

Since May 13 Clement has 33 ABs to Biggio's 23 so seems to be a bit favoured right now, but yeah that's a possibility too.

Clement did have a huge hit on Wednesday and a couple RBI.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Clement provides a complimentary platoon with Horwitz. If it wasn’t a Vogelbach DFA (since he’s been performing better), I’d hope Biggio is optioned since he’s becoming more redundant.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Clement provides a complimentary platoon with Horwitz. If it wasn’t a Vogelbach DFA (since he’s been performing better), I’d hope Biggio is optioned since he’s becoming more redundant.

Optioning Biggio also prevents having to make a final decision on a player and is the more asset-management friendly choice.

But it means the team is carrying 3 DH/1B on the roster, unless they plan on giving Horwitz some action at 2B as he's played there a little bit in AAA this year.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Optioning Biggio also prevents having to make a final decision on a player and is the more asset-management friendly choice.

But it means the team is carrying 3 DH/1B on the roster, unless they plan on giving Horwitz some action at 2B as he's played there a little bit in AAA this year.

I think that’s the plan since he’s been playing there lately and there was an article recently about the Jays coaches being tapped in and reaching out to Bisons staff regarding his defensive play.

Plus he can also play a bit of LF? Which could be the play if they’re more comfortable with Schneider making the more complex plays at 2B.

Reactions: Vector and MS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad