Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending)

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Blair just said a rival executive said Shapiro and Click have had much bigger roles at this trade deadline than in past deadlines.

Says the Kikuchi deal reminds him of the Colon deal where Shapiro landed Cliff Lee, Grady Sizemore and Brandon Phillips. Shapiro relied heavily on Tony LaCava regarding these prospects as he scouted them when with Montreal. Says Click has a similar role with the Jays as he drafted Loperfido and Wagner.
So basically Atkins is fired in all but name only.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Any chance we give Hagen Danner a shot in the bullpen again? He's got great stuff and he's been solid in AAA.

My thoughts is to trade all pen arms and have all high end AAA pen arms finish the season with Pop and if any do well, you have some for me so year with Romano, Swanson and Cabrera.

One last report for the best offers to come in the last hour?

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I thought it was a big overpayment by the Padres at first glance but looking at it more Snelling has had issues this year and from the brief stuff I have read, Mazur is likely a bullpen arm.
Yeah, I just checked MLB Pipeline and they're super high on all of them - 55 FV on Snelling and 50 on Mazur.

Fangraphs isn't remotely as bullish - 40+ on each.

Reality is probably somewhere in between and it's a good but unspectacular trade for the Marlins.

Reactions: canucksfan

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008

Now maybe i'm a nutcase, but Pittsburgh did pull Temarr Johnson from his minor league game earlier...
GridArt_20240729_221835230.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
My thoughts is to trade all pen arms and have all high end AAA pen arms finish the season with Pop and if any do well, you have some for me so year with Romano, Swanson and Cabrera.

One last report for the best offers to come in the last hour?
I would trade trade Vlad if return is massive. A lot of teams have traded better stars and now great teams. Cleveland traded Lindor and now best team in baseball

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad