Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending or maybe not ... )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Selling Bo now would be the absolute dumbest thing this franchise has done in a decade minimum.

You come back in 2025, let him bounce back from this nightmare season and then get optimal value assuming he wants out or you have to retool.
Nah, word was his value hadn’t changed around the league. Teams know who he is and that baseball performance is never linear. No vibe that he’s signing here. Woulda been a fine move.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Nah, word was his value hadn’t changed around the league. Teams know who he is and that baseball performance is never linear. No vibe that he’s signing here. Woulda been a fine move.
A Bo trade isnt something you can sit down and hammer out in a few hours or even a few days. If we do go in that direction look to the offseason.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
A Bo trade isnt something you can sit down and hammer out in a few hours or even a few days. If we do go in that direction look to the offseason.
The two minute ticker was an obvious joke.

I would have been fine if there was more movement with guys with term. Him, one of the starters.

Edit to add: overall, really liked the deadline work. I liked the targets save for the one guy really. Added a variety of player types, most fresh to pro ball and moving quick.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
There's a universe where Bo doesn't get hurt and he's probably gone already.

If he's healthy i think the Jays would have had time to hammer something out. But alas, we wait for the offseason to see what happens.

Reactions: aingefan

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Wow, 8 players gone off the major league roster.

This will not be pretty down the stretch.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Really surprised and happy they were able to move out Kiner-Falefa. I didn't think they would be able to find a home for his contract. What a terrible signing that was. Overall, they freed up money to hopefully allow the Franchise to do a reset in the offseason and make this terrible season a distant memory. Still not a fan of management, but they get a solid B from me.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
So, needs going into 2025?

Another catcher.
Sort out Bo and Vlad.
Maybe an impact bat.
Bullpen arms.
Maybe another starter
Get everyone heathy.

Action plan for the rest of the year:

Sign Yesavage
Mix and match the kids to see what’s what. I’m really eager to see Clase get some burn. See what Loperfido has. See if Barger can hammer down a role. Jimenez can handle SS full time. There’s a ton of interesting guys all around the diamond to have some excitement about, gonna make for fun following.
See if any AAA arms can take a bullpen job - Danner, Juenger, maybe Cooke, Fluharty, Fraze.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad