Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending or maybe not ... )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Gausman’s been really weird this season, likely due to the delayed start. His home/away splits have been complete 180s in performance.

Bassitt’s a pretty unique case in that he had a string of injuries early in his pro career but has been durable in his 30s. There’s an obvious risk due to age, but he also has thrown less pro innings than Berrios/Gausman.
Gausman's stuff did decline last year as well compared to his 2022 season. I am hoping he bounces back next year.

It's too bad Tiedemann has had injury problems because he could have been a solid option for next season.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Gausman's stuff did decline last year as well compared to his 2022 season. I am hoping he bounces back next year.

It's too bad Tiedemann has had injury problems because he could have been a solid option for next season.

I suppose it declined in a way? I think for Gausman it’s more about pitch usage though. Nobody is chasing his splitter at the level they did in 2022. He played off of that fear by going to his FB more often in strikeout counts in 2023.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
If Loperfido can consistently get to his power like Teo did, I can live with the whiffs and holes in the swing. Plus by all accounts he sounds like an even better defensive option.

Even if you have to platoon him with Schneider that’s a huge W

Teo was my first thought on a comparison when reading about him: plenty of power and speed, significant swing-and-miss issues, solid defense around the OF.

Teo figured it out on offense as well as we ever could have hoped, but the defense never really showed up. If Loperfido could even just split the difference there (a decent bat with decent defense rather than a great bat with awful defense) it would be awesome.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
If Loperfido can consistently get to his power like Teo did, I can live with the whiffs and holes in the swing. Plus by all accounts he sounds like an even better defensive option.

Even if you have to platoon him with Schneider that’s a huge W

Pretty decent return for a pitcher that was up and down for the last 5 years.

Speedster - (#5 prospect) Sprint speed 29.0 / 91st percentile - for comparison Kiermaier is 28.6 / 85th percentile. Not sure power is what he will be most effective at.

With Wagner (#14 prospect), I love having a 3B that can hit for average. From the limited info I can find he looks like a decent fielder.

Bloss (#10 prospect, was about to jump to #2). He'll need to be better with the repeatable delivery. From this video I , his arm angle is different between the fastball and the breaking ball. https://www.mlb.com/video/jake-blos...lfP_uEutrxY8CPlpyeClI-1722360736-0.0.1.1-6740 . Looks like a good bottom of the lineup asset. Looks like he is more over the top with the breaking ball, he's young and will learn, IMO we have one of the best pitching coaches in the league.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
This is going to be a wild winter for the Jays. They got under the tax so instead of paying 50% god being a 2 time offender it’ll be 20%. I expect the payroll to take a massive hike. I think it’s going to be around 260-270 million. They are going to big time fishing.

They don’t want to lose the fans especially after the renovations
Did they officially get under? I haven't seen it confirmed yet. I thought KK kind of needed to be moved to hit it

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Rogers is another Kikuchi in a sense where he had one good season and has done nothing since. To get that type of haul is once again, absurd.

As soupnazi said yesterday, i absolutely cannot wait to see what Flaherty brings back in a deal.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 131640.png

Norby: 24 years old .296 AVG, .877 OPS, 41 HR in 227 games in AAA (.938 OPS in AA)

Stowers: 26 years old, .253 AVG, .870 OPS in 243 games in AAA (.930 OPS in AA)

Last edited:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I really think it's a mistake not to move another starter. With the returns we're seeing we should absolutely cash in at least one more chip. We can fix the rotation in the off season.

I've also heard several times that the Jays and Kikuchi may reunite in the off season

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Josh Bell to Arizona. Christian Walker left last night's game with injury so probably an insurance policy type pickup.

A bad Marlins lineup somehow gets worse. It would be impressive if this wasn't their like 5th time blowing it up this millennium.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad