Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending)

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Oh he’s garbage forsure. However would you rather try and work with a guy that throws 100mph or take a chance on a prospect who is f***ing awful and will never make the bigs as a regular.
Throwing a 100mph isn't a big deal if you can't command it and don't hit it with regularity.

I am indifferent on the trade but don't care Pearson is gone.

Reactions: Vector and MS

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Good group of younger guys.
Paulino is holding his own in his first taste at AA but flashes power and speed.
Batista is a long way away but is a nice get.
Coffey has draft pedigree, age and some developing power on his side.
I like this deal too, along with the Garcia/Clase one.
The Pearson deal I like least, but I get it.
I like the deal with Seattle getting Clase. Otherwise it is wild swings with players who need serious development time.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I like the deal with Seattle getting Clase. Otherwise it is wild swings with players who need serious development time.
Well yeah, but for a system that’s pretty dry atm, volume of talent helps.
I’m guessing Coffey and Paulino will nestle somewhere in the 20’s on the Jays prospect list, often reserved for guys with a ways to go, but this is fine imo for a third of a year of Jano in a reported thin C market.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Oh he’s garbage forsure. However would you rather try and work with a guy that throws 100mph or take a chance on a prospect who is f***ing awful and will never make the bigs as a regular.

To be fair they’ve tried with that guy who throws 100 for 6 years now and nothing has clicked. Plus he barely hits or exceeds triple digits like he used to.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Jansen has been awful since some time in May. Wasn't going to get a team's top-five prospect for him. I'd rather the team take chances on risky talent.

Kikuchi left to trade. I would still like them to trade Bassitt or Gausman but I doubt that will occur.
My optimal scenario was trading Bo (injuries scoogied that plan, prolly) and one of the pitchers along with the pending FA guys…..but not seeming likely.
Maybe Green will get moved if there’s a legit overpay….there’s smoke around him anyway.

Reactions: canucksfan

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Not really a fan of the Jansen trade. Perhaps I'm still too attached to him and his injury issues along with his recent struggles impacted his value a lot more than I expected but he's a starting catcher when healthy. That feels more valuable than Garcia but I guess the market disagrees.

The Pearson one is fine. The fact he had any value actually surprises me.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I imagine the Jays could get a fairly decent piece if they packaged IKF + Kikuchi/Bassitt together. Infield + SP depth have to be the two most important pieces for a competitive team down the stretch.

Reactions: canucksfan

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm more sad or impressed with how bad of a farm system the jays have...then to add on the few high end ones are either hurt or suspended. Nothing to look forward to other than the jays pissing away the 2 franchise faces and doing a perfect job walking them straight to ufa
After the 2021 season, it looked so promising. It's been downhill ever since the M's series in 2022.

Reactions: Discoverer

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
7 prospects for 2 FA and 1 pitcher that has never quite put it together. I get ppl are disappointed in the returns but baseball is a funny sport. There are always late bloomers and guys that figure it out later on in their 20’s. Just need to hope 1 or 2 of these pieces do that.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I imagine the Jays could get a fairly decent piece if they packaged IKF + Kikuchi/Bassitt together. Infield + SP depth have to be the two most important pieces for a competitive team down the stretch.
IKF is an interesting name to watch and one they’ve apparently had calls on. If they moved him and got some good pieces back that would be a rare win for this management group

Not really a fan of the Jansen trade. Perhaps I'm still too attached to him and his injury issues along with his recent struggles impacted his value a lot more than I expected but he's a starting catcher when healthy. That feels more valuable than Garcia but I guess the market disagrees.

The Pearson one is fine. The fact he had any value actually surprises me.
The thing is the jays can always bring him back in the off season if they wanted. I think with his injury history and him likely wanting term on his next deal he’s going to be a big risk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad