Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending or maybe not ... )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
He needed to develop additional pitches. That’s on the coaching staff. Not just at the majors but in the minors as well.

You make it sound so easy. They totally never tinkered with Pearson's slider/curveball/changeup over his tenure with the Jays.

Nope. Never.

Reactions: MS

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He needed to develop additional pitches. That’s on the coaching staff. Not just at the majors but in the minors as well.

I’m pretty sure they tried.

Pearson just doesn’t seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. Throws hard but straight and that’s it, poor mentality, poor control, no mound presence.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
i think it may have been as much about giving Pearson a fresh start somewhere else. We clearly weren't going to be the team to get the best out of him and he wants to try and be a starter again according to him. He may have even asked to be moved for all we know but did it quietly.
That’s possible. Odd timing though, given that earlier in the week there was reported internal talk about him being considered for the rotation next year.
Shame how his career panned out here, best wishes to him and his future, which will no doubt include a couple years as a wipeout high leverage reliever.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
This just shows you have no idea what you're talking about. The additional pitches weren't the problem with Pearson, it was his fastball was flat. His slider graded out well and his third pitch, curveball was okay.

Early on in his career, they tried a changeup and that didn't work. This offseason they tried a spiltter with him and I assume that didn't work either.

EDIT: If his fastball wasn't flat and or he could routinely hit 100mph+ and not sit around 96-97 his secondaries would be fine.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Apparently, we're getting three players back for Jansen. I'm sure Coffey is likely the best piece but not too bad I guess. Jansen going ice cold pre deadline like the others hurt his value. This season really couldn't have been worse. All our big trade assets that have expiring deals all just couldn't do anything the last month. Although, Turner has come on a little of late.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
It should not be surprising that the Jays are not receiving flawless prospects for their extremely flawed assets. Pearson is barely major league calibre, Garcia has been injured, and Jansen is a bandaid who's struggled at the plate extensively since his hot start.

I want Atkins gone for the inability to produce effective major leaguers with draft picks and a poor vision of how to build around Vladdy and Bo (and hiring/keeping Mattingly), but to act like these trades are huge misses on value is obtuse.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Lol what a f***ing disgusting and disgraceful organization.
Try and bring a talking point to your conversation. Changing the words to your constant rant is tiring. Getting mad at a return for Pearson is comical at best. I wanted this management group gone last off season but this deadline isn't gonna be bringing us a lot of star power prospects back. It's going to be depth pieces you hope find another gear. So be prepared for that mentally and the next few days will be much more palatable for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad