Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending or maybe not ... )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I guess you're right, I agree. My thought was we need more starting pitching depth. Someone like Kikuchi makes us deeper. But if that's the rotation we roll with next year, then that's fine too.
The issue is that committing so much payroll to starters would take it away from somewhere else.

Adding a bat (maybe a cost controlled bat via trade) and a couple of BP arms could completely transform the outlook for next year.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The issue is that committing so much payroll to starters would take it away from somewhere else.

Adding a bat (maybe a cost controlled bat via trade) and a couple of BP arms could completely transform the outlook for next year.

True. What is your offer to Bo in the winter if you're discussing an extension? Does he get 10 years?

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
True. What is your offer to Bo in the winter if you're discussing an extension? Does he get 10 years?
I mean, I have no problems at all with 10 years at 30 per.

It's a big number, that looks good on Bo and is likely below market if he played out the year, but is close enough that he might take it.

It makes him the 4th highest paid SS and likely a Jay for the rest of his career (starts at 27 years old)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I mean, I have no problems at all with 10 years at 30 per.

It's a big number, that looks good on Bo and is likely below market if he played out the year, but is close enough that he might take it.

It makes him the 4th highest paid SS and likely a Jay for the rest of his career (starts at 27 years old)

That's really good. I think he should definitely take it. Especially if Vladdy is already re-signed before that.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
5th overall. White Sox and A’s are permitted from having a top 10 pick. So the Jays will leap frog them and have the 5th best odds in the lottery. Strong draft, would be nice to get into the top 3.
Screenshot_20240924_025654_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20240924_025713_Brave.jpg

Reactions: aingefan

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Hopefully Boggs beats it and it was caught early.

Worth mentioning as men approach 50, earlier if prostate cancer history within family its best to get a PSA check. Luckily my dad was getting his checked and his prostate cancer was discovered early.
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in late 2019.

In January 2020 we were talking to the doctor and he was explaining a new version of brachytherapy that was still in testing. He listed three or four possible procedures and said to think about it and we'd talk in a couple of weeks. I said I wanted the new one, and did we have to wait. He said "the sooner the better", and literally pulled the paperwork out of his desk and started filling it out.

Various tests and prep work followed, and I had the surgery in late February, followed by two weeks of radiation therapy.

Two days after the therapy ended the hospital was closed down because of COVID!

Get checked. Get it taken care of. Good luck Wade.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad