Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending or maybe not ... )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I guess you're right, I agree. My thought was we need more starting pitching depth. Someone like Kikuchi makes us deeper. But if that's the rotation we roll with next year, then that's fine too.
The issue is that committing so much payroll to starters would take it away from somewhere else.

Adding a bat (maybe a cost controlled bat via trade) and a couple of BP arms could completely transform the outlook for next year.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The issue is that committing so much payroll to starters would take it away from somewhere else.

Adding a bat (maybe a cost controlled bat via trade) and a couple of BP arms could completely transform the outlook for next year.

True. What is your offer to Bo in the winter if you're discussing an extension? Does he get 10 years?

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
True. What is your offer to Bo in the winter if you're discussing an extension? Does he get 10 years?
I mean, I have no problems at all with 10 years at 30 per.

It's a big number, that looks good on Bo and is likely below market if he played out the year, but is close enough that he might take it.

It makes him the 4th highest paid SS and likely a Jay for the rest of his career (starts at 27 years old)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I mean, I have no problems at all with 10 years at 30 per.

It's a big number, that looks good on Bo and is likely below market if he played out the year, but is close enough that he might take it.

It makes him the 4th highest paid SS and likely a Jay for the rest of his career (starts at 27 years old)

That's really good. I think he should definitely take it. Especially if Vladdy is already re-signed before that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad