Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending or maybe not ... )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
A good read.

Regarding the UCL injuries

. And then last year, by and large, we were very lucky with our health. But I don't think it changes our process. At the end of every year, we sit back and reflect with all of our leaders and staff members and teams to go through all of our processes. And obviously this one has a bit more tension just because of the results this year and the things that went down…. it's a tough question to answer. It's definitely something that we are thinking about non-stop, and we're going to continue to do that and spend a lot of time on it this offseason because you know you don't want anybody to get hurt period but just the amount that we had was difficult.
We're going to look into our rehab process to make sure we help these guys get ramped back up safely enough, and get them back to their former levels and hopefully even better at that point. There are a lot of open-ended pieces at that point, but we will be spending a ton of time on it in the offseason.

Interesting Maroudis is throwing light toss

All of them have had their procedures done. I think Landen's already started throwing on flat ground, very light. I think Ricky is not too far away.

On Fernando Perez

That was just a shutdown. He had already increased his innings load by 60% year over year. Obviously, it was a super positive year for him. It was awesome he was recognized for the Futures Game. But some of that kind of interrupted his routines. And, you know, quite frankly, he looked a little skewed towards the end.
He was disappointed, obviously, but we wanted to highlight for him just how positive this year has been and the things that he has learned and just give him an opportunity to get a jump start on that offseason so he can come back and really build off of a tremendous season going into next year.

And finally

Lázaro Estrada is another really positive story. Ryan Jennings had a really nice year. Nobody really talks about Geison Urbaez, he flashed flash stuff that I haven't seen from him - in his last appearance he was up to 99; he's really interesting and not a lot of people talk about him so pretty interesting. Kai Peterson was up and down but has shown some interesting things, Colby Holcombe of the new draft class didn't get a ton of opportunities at Mississippi State, but some of the adjustments he's been open to and he's had a nice debut. Fernando, obviously, took a massive step forward. Perry, Maroudis, before they got hurt, they were in that same boat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad